Abu Dhabi Events 2024: a monthly guide to the capital
We might still be in the throws of an action-packed 2023 in Abu Dhabi, but we know you like to keep ahead of the times and plan your events calendar a little further out.
2023 saw large public events come back with a vengeance post-COVID and a mega lineup of superstars gracing the shores, particularly at the capital’s coveted new entertainment venue, Etihad Arena in Yas Bay.
2024 is already shaping up to be even bigger and better in the capital, from sports to musical festivals, comedy acts, and stage musicals, we’ve got a lot going on in Abu Dhabi to celebrate.
We’ll continue updating this page throughout the year, so bookmark it in your browser and return to it whenever you are after some event inspiration. You can jump back to the 2023 Abu Dhabi Events Calendar here.
You may also want to check out our guides to:
- The best time of year to visit Abu Dhabi – weather and other religious events that may impact your Abu Dhabi trip explained
- Abu Dhabi Public Holidays 2024 – plan your travels around known long weekends and national celebrations
- Abu Dhabi Events January 2024
- Abu Dhabi Events February 2024
- Abu Dhabi Events March 2024
- Abu Dhabi Events April 2024
- Abu Dhabi Events May 2024
- Abu Dhabi Events June 2024
- Abu Dhabi Events July 2024
- Abu Dhabi Events August 2024
- Abu Dhabi Events September 2024
- Abu Dhabi Events October 2024
- Abu Dhabi Events November 2024
- Abu Dhabi Events December 2024
- Ongoing Events Throughout the Year in Abu Dhabi
- Where to Stay Near the Action in Abu Dhabi
We have included links where possible to platforms such as TicketMaster and Platinumlist, which are major ticket sellers in the UAE authorised to sell tickets for the mentioned events. We may earn an affiliate commission on qualifying purchases you make after clicking on these links. This does not change the price you pay.
Abu Dhabi Events January 2024
- Saadiyat Nights will see several headline acts performing at a purpose-made open-air music venue, including pop legend Mariah Carey (6 January), Iranian singer Googosh (20 January), and Italian tenor Andrea Bocelli (27 January) – Saadiyat Island
- The Sukhisvili Georgian National Ballet will share traditional folk dances on January 12th – Abu Dhabi Cultural Foundation
- Abu Dhabi Sail GP – 13 & 14 January, including an evening performance by Take That – Zayed Port
- Boxing fans look out for the Rising Stars of Arabia The Revolution on 13 January – Yas Links, Yas Island
- Assala Nasri will be performing on 13 Janaury – Sheikh Zayed Festival, Al Watba
- Smash-hit Musical Hamilton will be taking centre stage on Yas Island from 17 January to 11 February 2024 – Etihad Arena, Yas Bay
- Emirati Cultural Event Al Hosn Festival will take place from January 19 to 28, 2024 – Al Hosn, Abu Dhabi City
- The National Ballet of China will be performing on the 26th and 27th of January – Emirates Palace.
- This will be followed up by the Orchestra of the Puccini Festival at Torre del Lago on 31 January – Emirates Palace
- NB – note that the Golf Championships, usually held in January, has now been moved to November
Abu Dhabi Events February 2024
- Mubadala Abu Dhabi Open Tennis – 3 to 11 February – Abu Dhabi Tennis Center
- Timothy Chooi and Chanyong Chin will be performing a variety of classical favourites on February 9th – Manarat al Saadiyat
- Saadiyat Nights will continue its star-studded outdoor entertainment program into February, with Sting performing on the 3rd of February, Magida El Roumi on the 10th of February and Alicia Keys on 17th of February – Saadiyat Nights special events venue, Saadiyat Island
- Middle East Film and Comic Con – making a return 9-11 February 2024 – ADNEC
- Romance is in the air with Valentine’s Day widely celebrated at venues across the city – most offers for Valentine’s Day run only on 14 February, but some hotels have week or even month-long offers to look out for.
- See live on stage Indian Comedian Zakir Khan on 18 February – Etihad Arena
- The UCI Cycling World Tour will hit Abu Dhabi between the 19th and 25th of February 2024 – various locations
- For some local culture, head along to the Maritime Heritage Festival – Feb 23 to March 3 2024 – A’l Bahar, Abu Dhabi Corniche
- Open Fire Foor Festival with Steve Harvey – scheduled for 24 & 25 February 2024 – The Hill, Yas Marina Circuit
- Popular sporting event TriYAS is back for it’s 14th edition, taking place on Saturday, 24 February – Yas Marina Circuit
- Trevor Noah: Off The Record Tour returns after his 2023 sell-out on 28 February – Etihad Arena
Abu Dhabi Events March 2024
- Tom Jones and John Legend will complete the incredible concert lineup at Saadiyat Nights on 1 & 2 March 2004 – special arena on Saadiyat Island
- ScoobyDoo and the Lost City of Gold will be entertaining the littles live on stage 2-3 March 2024 – Etihad Arena, Yas Island
- Andre Rieu and his Johann Strauss Orchestra – Saturday 9 March – Etihad Arena
- The World Triathlon Championship Series takes place on the 8 and 9 March 2024
- Get your colour on for Holi Festivities, set to occur this year on 25 March 2024 – various city venues
- St Patrick’s Day will be widely marked across the city on Friday, 17 March 2024 – various city venues
- Mother’s Day is marked at many city-wide restaurants, cafes, and spas offering specials for the ladies (UAE 21 March; UK 10 March 2024) – various locations
- Sheikh Zayed Heritage Festival concludes on 9 March 2024 – Al Wathba
- The Holy Month of Ramadan will commence on or about the evening of 11 March 2024 and lasts approximately 29-30 days. Most live entertainment stops at this time.
- Non-Muslims should be aware of daylight fasting over Ramadan, but why not locally join in with an Iftar for breaking of the fast or overnight Suhoor to mark the occasion?
- Queen by Candlelight – the ultimate tribute band, will perform over 20 classic Queen hits on Saturday, 30 March – Etihad Arena
- Easter in Abu Dhabi, although not formally marked as a holiday in the UAE, is widely celebrated in the retail and hospitality industry (Easter Sunday, 31 March 2024; Orthodox Easter Sunday, 5 May) – church services and events across the city
- NB: Locally, many schools have a Spring term break from the end of March to early April, so look out for special term break camps and events that may be running.
Abu Dhabi Events April 2024
- The end of Ramadan is marked by Eid-al Fitr celebrations across the city with special deals to dining extravaganzas, and fireworks – est. 10-12 April 2024 – venues across the city
- Cirque du Soleil Crystal will be bringing their magical show to town from April 26 to May 5 – Etihad Arena
- Full April lineup of events is still to be confirmed for 2024
Abu Dhabi Events May 2024
- German rock sensation Scorpions will be holding a 40th-anniversary show on 17 May – at Etihad Arena
- Comedy act Jo Koy World Tour – 26 May – Etihad Arena
- Full May lineup of events is still to be confirmed for 2024
Abu Dhabi Events June 2024
- Monster Jam is back for its second year of indoor action 8-9 June 2024 – Etihad Arena
- Smash-hit stage production Matilda will be in town for 4 nights 20-23 June – Etihad Arena
- Eid Al Adha celebrations and public holidays, including Arafat Day – est 16 to 19 June 2024 (expect deals and discounts, fireworks, and so much more!)
- Full June lineup of events is still to be confirmed for 2024
Abu Dhabi Events July 2024
- Most local schools will break up for summer on 6 July 2024 (Expect the airports to be exceptionally busy in early July)
- Hijri New Year (1 Muharram*) is expected to fall on 7 July 2024, with a public holiday likely to be observed observed on Monday 8th
- Full July lineup of events is still to be confirmed for 2024
Abu Dhabi Events August 2024
- Little ones get set for a post-summer treat with Bluey’s Big Play from 30 August to 1 September – Etihad Arena
- Full August lineup of events is still to be confirmed for 2024
Abu Dhabi Events September 2024
- ADIHEX – The Abu Dhabi International Hunting and Equestrian Exhibition will take place in the late summer, dates TBC – ADNEC
- The Prophet Mohammed’s birthday will fall on approximately 15 September 2024 – not always marked as a public holiday, possibly Monday off
- Saudi Nation Day on September 23 is widely celebrated in the UAE community – often marked with fireworks at prominent locations – TBC
- Full September lineup of events is still to be confirmed for 2024
Abu Dhabi Events October 2024
- Halloween always makes a great family and friends event to enjoy across the city – 31 October.
- Diwali is always widely celebrated with the local expat community; expect plenty of dancing and fireworks on and around 31 October 2024.
- Full October lineup of events is still to be confirmed for 2024
Abu Dhabi Events November 2024
- The European World Tour Golf has changed dates for 2024; expect the Abu Dhabi Championships to take place 7 to 10 November 2024 – Yas Links, Yas Island
- Wireless Festival Middle East will return to Yas Island – dates and artists TBC – Etihad Park
- The annual Bedouin heritage festival, the Sheikh Zayed Festival, will return to its permanent grounds for the winter season from mid-November 2023 – Al Wathba
- All Africa Festival, celebrating all that is beautiful about Africa through food, music, entertainment and cultural celebrations 29 & 30 November 2024 – Etihad Park, Yas Island
- Full November lineup of events is still to be confirmed for 2024
Abu Dhabi Events December 2024
- Commemoration Day and National Day – fixed public holidays from 1 to 3 December.
- Abu Dhabi Grand Prix – Yas Marina Circuit 6 to 8 December 2024 – book tickets early to guarantee entry to this 4-day event and after concerts held from the Thursday to Sunday.
- Or why not try one of these special Grand Prix Brunches and special events to catch the action?
- For thrills and spills in the dunes and a good dose of modern bedouin life in the desert, head out to the Liwa Festival TBC 2024 (2023 was 8-31 Dec as a guide) – Liwa, Al Dhafra (Western Region)
- MOTN – Mother of the Nation Festival – Abu Dhabi Corniche and side events in Al Dhafra and Al Ain – exact event dates and timing for 2024 TBC
- Outdoor winter celebration Winter Fest returns to Yas Island 2024 dates TBC – Gateway Park South, Yas Island
- Christmas – 25 December. Despite being a Muslim country, the occasion is widely marked, and you’ll find many festive celebrations occur across the city, including Christmas Day brunches.
- New Year’s Eve 20024/25 – always a spirited night out in Abu Dhabi with special dining and drinks deals across the city, along with spectacular fireworks in key city locations, including Yas Bay, Al Maryah Island, the Corniche, and Al Wathba.
Ongoing Events Throughout the Year in Abu Dhabi
Many celebrations and events are ongoing throughout the year, you may also want to check out:
- The best ladies’ night deals in Abu Dhabi throughout the week
- Superb Family Brunches in Abu Dhabi – very much an event in themselves, on every weekend (summer months may bring changes to their regular entertainment programs)
Visiting Dubai? You’ll want to head overhere for the complete calendar of Dubai events in 2024
Where to Stay Near the Action in Abu Dhabi
If you’re looking for the best places to stay close to the major events in Abu Dhabi, you’ll no doubt notice most of the action is at Yas Bay on Yas Island, and at ADNEC – the national exhibition centre on the main Abu Dhabi island.
Before you go… Important things to consider planning a trip to Abu Dhabi
- Pop into our essential planning information page, it includes everything you need to know about getting around Abu Dhabi, a handy guide on what to pack as well as top tips for first-timers on the dos and don’ts, laws, and customs in the UAE.
- Check the most up-to-date COVID entry rules for Abu Dhabi.
- Don’t forget to pack your travel insurance!
- Discover the best places to stay in Abu Dhabi, or bag a bargain on your accommodation here:
Feature image supplied – Fireworks at Hilton Yas Bay
Please note we are not a travel agency. This site is a travel blog to help newcomers to the UAE self plan their trip, we cannot book your flights, hotels, visas or connections for you. We may make a small commission if you click on any of our hotel or tour recommendation links.Abu Dhabi Travel Planner