The Festival of Lights is one of the most anticipated international events celebrated annually in Abu Dhabi. Not just the Hindu community but the Abu Dhabi expat community at large, and visitors can join in with this beautiful occasion involving dancing, colours, tastes, smells, and delights of India and beyond.
When is Diwali in 2023?
The exact date of Diwali is based on the Hindu lunisolar month of Kartika, so it will fall between mid-October and mid-November each year. Tradition dictates that it’s a 5-day festival, with the darkest night of the new moon being Diwali.
In 2023, Diwali will be celebrated on 12 November 2023 (though do expect celebrations to last for many days!)
Although predominantly a Hindu festival, the occasion is also marked by Jains, Sikhs, and some Buddhists. A national holiday in some countries, the occasion does not get a public holiday in the UAE but is widely marked in the community. Let’s take a look at what will be going on in 2023:
Diwali Events in Abu Dhabi 2023
In light of the recent events in Gaza, many public celebrations in the UAE have been cancelled. We have left some 2022 events on the list as a reference, but have been able to confirm with some organisers yet whether these will go ahead this year.
Arjit Singh Live in Concert
Globally renowned singer Arijit Singh is set to amaze the audience with his breathtaking voice and brilliant performance.
- When: November 18th
- Where: Etihad Arena, Yas Bay Waterfront
- Cost: From AED 500 – buy tickets on Platinumlist
Chefs Table at Rangoli (Confirmed 2023)
Enjoy a tantalising 3-course set menu in celebration of the festival of lights with a main choice course of either Butter Velvet Chicken Euphoria or Enchanted Baingan Mirage with Dal Makhani, along with some lip-smacking desserts.
- When: November 10th to 15th, 6:00 PM to 11:00 PM daily
- Where: Rangoli, Rotana Yas Island
- Cost: From 229 AED per person
Dazzling Diwali Utsav (confirmed 2023)
Presented by Trucker UAE, this one-night event of music and dance can be found at Marina Mall, including Prakriti & Sukriti Kakar.
- When: November 10th from 6:00 PM
- Where: Marina Mall Abu Dhabi
- Cost: TBC
Diwali at Zeera (Confirmed 2023)
Enjoy delectable and stylish contemporary Indian dining, with a chance to win tickets to Arjit Singh Live in Concert.
- When: November 10th and 11th, 7:00 PM to 10:00 PM
- Where: Zeera by Budda Bar, The Pier, Yas Bay Waterfront
- Cost: AED 249- book at zeera-abudhabi.com
Yas Bay Waterfront (Unconfirmed 2023)
The boardwalk will see street entertainers every hour, including bhangra dancers and dhol drummers. For free hand decorations, seek out the henna station located near family dining hotspot Central/
- When: TBC
- Where: Yas Bay Waterfront, Yas Island, Abu Dhabi
- Cost: Free
3D Diwali Light Show & BBQ (Unconfirmed 2023)
A great one for families to enjoy, experience a Diwali-themed light projection on the facade of Hilton Abu Dhabi, accompanied by Bhangra dancers poolside and a fabulous Indian spread.
- When: 29 & 30 October 2022, 6:00 pm to 11:00 pm
- Where: Capila Pool Bar & Grill, Hilton Abu Dhabi, Yas Bay Waterfront, Abu Dhabi
- Cost: AED 150 soft /AED 250 house drinks
Heading to Dubai? Catch all the Diwali action in Dubai over here
* Still TBC if there are any scheduled Diwali fireworks in Abu Dhabi 2023 – for refernece Yas Bay did NOT do Fireworks in 2022
More Indian Dining For Diwali
Unconfirmed on some of the exact specials for Diwali 2023, but if you’d like to experience some of Abu Dhabi’s finest Indian food and treats, you’ll be sure to find specials at one of these fabulous Abu Dhabi venues:
- Punjab Grill, Ritz-Carlton Grand Canal @punjabgrillabudhabi
- Martabaan by Hemant Oberoi, Emirates Palace Mandarin Oriental @martabaan
- Laduree, Abu Dhabi Mall @ladureeuae
- Al Badiya, Tilal Liwa Hotel, Madinat Zayed, Al Dhafra, @TilalLiwaHotel
- MYNT, Al Zahiyah mynt.ae
- Moksh, Conrad Abu Dhabi Etihad Towers @Moksh.uae
More Abu Dhabi Events in November
Abu Dhabi has an action-packed calendar of international events over the autumn months as the weather begins to cool, from Oktoberfest and Halloween celebrations to Disney on Ice and UFC at Etihad Arena, bringing you extremes of entertainment on Yas Island!
Check out our Abu Dhabi in October and November guides for plenty more suggestions on how to fill your autumn days in the UAE now that the weather is cooling and public events are back on the calendar!
Check your flight! Abu Dhabi International Aurport (AUH) Terminal A is opening in early November and flights are being moved in a staggered opening from 1-14 November 2023 – learn more here.
Before you go… Important things to consider when planning a trip to Abu Dhabi
- Pop into our essential planning information page, it includes everything you need to know about getting around Abu Dhabi, a handy guide on what to pack as well as top tips for first-timers on the dos and don’ts, laws, and customs in the UAE.
- Discover the best places to stay in Abu Dhabi, or bag a bargain on your accommodation here:
Please note we are not a travel agency. This site is a travel blog to help newcomers to the UAE self plan their trip, we cannot book your flights, hotels, visas or connections for you. We may make a small commission if you click on any of our hotel or tour recommendation links.Abu Dhabi Travel Planner