One of the city’s most loved festivals is returning this December to the Abu Dhabi Corniche.
MOTN (Mother of the Nation) Festival – December 9 to 18, 2021
The Mother of Nation Festival, paying tribute to HH Sheikha Fatima bint Mubarak will return for it’s 5th edition in December 2021.
Organised by the Department of Culture and Tourism – Abu Dhabi, this popular family event held on the Abu Dhabi Corniche will be sure to brighten up the Abu Dhabi social scene this winter.
MOTN – What it’s all about
The MOTN event pays tribute to family, community and the contributions of women to society, honouring the legacy of HH Sheikha Fatima bint Mubarak, Supreme Chairwoman of the Family Development Foundation, Chairwoman of the General Women’s Union, and President of the Supreme Council for Motherhood and Childhood.
MOTN – What to Expect
A community events for all to enjoy – locals, expat residents and tourists alike -the festival is an entertainment destination showcasing global and local culture and hospitality, alongside leading retail outlets and the creative works of various international and regional artists.
The MOTN Festival will be divided into six zones, with sub-themes represented in structures, activities and installations. The themes are:
- Inspire Space: An awe-inspiring area filled with photo opportunities to boost Instagram profiles, including the Dessert Museum, MOTN Funhouse, and a world celebrating manga and cosplayers.
- Thrill Zone: An action- filled family adventure zone for exploration and excitement including a skate and parkour park, horror rooms, VR gaming hub, Rick and Morty Lazer Tag, Jeep Track and more.
- Food Hub: A culinary area where foodies can eat their way around delicious gastronomical delights with some of the best local and global F&B vendors making their Abu Dhabi debut. The area will also house a larger-than-life art installation by Daniel Popper, the world-renowned Burning Man and Tulum Festival artist.
- Music Arena: A live performance destination hosting international artists, DJs and A-List local musicians performing some of their biggest hits.
- Shopping District: A curated fashion and retail space to celebrate design with something for everyone, from luxury to bridge and high-end international brands such as Dior, Chanel, and more.
- Amusement Park: A zone inspired from some of the most recognisable theme parks in the world, housing a series of fun activations including World of Nickelodeon, Diggers Lab, children’s play park, exciting carnival rides and games.
MOTN – When is it held?
The event will be held from December 9 to 18 2021.
Mother of the Nation daily timings:
- Weekdays: 4:00 PM to midnight
- Weekends: 2:00 PM to midnight
For a daily list of special events, visit the MOTN website and follow their social channels.
MOTN – Where is the event held?
The event is held along Abu Dhabi’s most famous beach, the Corniche. Parking can be found opposite the Corniche and several bus routes service the area – plan your journey using our guide to Abu Dhabi transport.
MOTN – What does it cost?
In order to control numbers, it is a ticketed event through Ticketmaster.
Paid tickets are required for all attendees aged 4 to 59. Those under 4 and over 60, as well as People of Determination are free, but must collect an entry pass at the venue.
There is general admission to the grounds as well as upgraded passes that can be purchased in advance for particular attractions – or package up the lot for a huge day out (or all 10 days!) at the Mother of the Nation Festival.
- General Admission (per person) AED 25
- Amusement Day Pass AED 75
- The World of Nickelodeon Day Pass AED 85
- The Thrills Day Pass AED 95
- All Access Pass AED 145
- All Access Pass with Fast Track AED 295
- 10-Day Passes are also available for purchase in all categories. All access passes start from AED 495 per person
If you purchase your tickets at the gate they are AED 5 more for day passes and AED 10 more for 10-day passes.
IMPORTANT: Guests must have Green Pass on their Al Hosn and a PCR test valid within 96 hours to attend the event. Face masks must be worn throughout. The festival is organised under Go-Safe Certification from DTC
Before you go… Important things to consider planning a trip to Abu Dhabi
- Pop into our essential planning information page, it includes everything you need to know about getting around Abu Dhabi, a handy guide on what to pack as well as top tips for first-timers on the dos and don’ts, laws, and customs in the UAE.
- Check the most up-to-date COVID entry rules for Abu Dhabi.
- Don’t forget to pack your travel insurance!
- Discover the best places to stay in Abu Dhabi, or bag a bargain on your accommodation here:
Please note we are not a travel agency. This site is a travel blog to help newcomers to the UAE self plan their trip, we cannot book your flights, hotels, visas or connections for you. We may make a small commission if you click on any of our hotel or tour recommendation links.Abu Dhabi Travel Planner