When it comes to uber-romantic and luxurious settings, Abu Dhabi seems to deliver in abundance! There is no end of beautiful and romantic places for couples to visit on a date. From the quaint to the plush, here’s our rundown of the most romantic things to do in Abu Dhabi.
Romantic Things to Do in Abu Dhabi
Now, this all depends on your idea of romance! Whether its wining and dining or sharing an adrenaline rush followed by a relaxing massage, these are some of the best places for a date in Abu Dhabi:
Enjoy sundowners at Rays Bar
The city has many spectacular views, but one of our favourites is watching the sunset from the 63rd floor of Etihad Towers. Part of Conrad Etihad Towers, the extensive cocktail list is sure to please, with the bathtub gin being one of the quirkiest options on the menu. There’s also a selection of nibbles and light bites on offer if you decide to turn drinks into dinner.
Kayak among the mangroves
If nature is more your thing, then hire some kayaks at Eastern mangroves and take a paddle into the national park. Early morning and sunset are great times to see wildlife and enjoy the peace and tranquillity of this area of outstanding natural beauty.
Hire a traditional dhow
Take a ride from several locations in the city, including Yas Marina, Marina Mall and Al Bateen. You’ll find boats for hire – bonus points if you can sail, of course, and whisk your loved one off without a skipper!
Picnic in the desert
Forget the crowded desert safari tours; we’re talking about taking the time to pick out your own little patch of desert and packing up your partner’s favourite picnic foods. Watch the sunset and gaze at the stars for the ultimate romantic evening.
If you can’t manage it yourself, Desert Rose Safaris can organise beautiful private BBQ setups. Click here for more details.
Take a walk in the park
Umm Al Emarat Park, with its illuminated fountains and fragrant flower gardens, is a great place to start or end a date in Abu Dhabi. Arrive just before sunset to hear the call to prayer from the nearby mosques before strolling through the beautiful site.
Entry to the park is 10 AED per person.
Treat yourself to a couples massage
Relax and unwind before dinner with a couple’s massage; after all, Abu Dhabi is home to some of the most luxurious spas in the world!
Atarmia Spa at the Park Hyatt, Saadiyat Island, is perfect for this. The couple’s therapy room is large and includes a double jacuzzi bath (this must be booked in addition to the massage treatment) as well as a double shower. There’s also a private pool outside as well as separate male and female changing facilities with their own jacuzzi, steam room and sauna.
Dinner at the Beach House overlooking the Arabian Gulf would round off any date perfectly.
Beach cabana dinner
Many beach hotels will set up beach cabanas for private dinners for a price. Some of the most beautiful set ups have been spotted at the Shangri-La and at the St. Regis on Saadiyat. Call your hotel of choice directly to see if this is something they could do for you.
Yas Island Theme Parks
Here fun and romance go hand in hand as you accompany each other through the thrills and spills of Yas Island’s theme parks. What could be more romantic than holding each other’s hands on the fastest roller coaster in the world (the Formula Russo at Ferrari world) or enjoying lists of splash action at Yas Waterworld?
Romantic Dinner in Abu Dhabi
If you are looking for a dinner date in Abu Dhabi, there is an abundance of fine dining restaurants that can deliver; it all depends on what kind of cuisine you’re after. Our top 5 romantic dining spots in Abu Dhabi are:
With a choice of intimate indoor dining or a stunning outdoor terrace, the Michellin-star Hakkasan inside Emirates Palace is one of our top choices for a romantic dinner date in Abu Dhabi. Specialising in Cantonese cuisine, the exquisite food and plush surroundings provide a swanky and sophisticated date night.
- Hakkasan, Emirates Palace, Abu Dhabi Corniche. For reservations, click here or call +971 2 690 7739.
If seafood is your thing, it doesn’t get much better in Abu Dhabi than Catch, found on the beachfront side of The St Regis Abu Dhabi. The prime spot overlooking the Corniche, combined with a wide range of shellfish and sushi, is bound to impress.
- Catch, St Regis on the Corniche, Abu Dhabi Corniche. For reservations, click here or call +971 2 694 4615
Buddha Bar Beach
Heading next to The St. Regis Saadiyat Island, Buddha Bar Beach has long been a favourite in the city for romantic dinners who love to take advantage of the open-air views out to the Arabian Gulf and enjoy the crashing waves alongside side a menu of Asian light nights and creative cocktails.
- Buddha Bar, St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort, Saadiyat Island, for reservations click here or call +971 2 498 8888
Fouquet’s Abu Dhabi
If it’s distinguished French dining you want in a chic location, look no further than Fouquet’s at The Louvre. With its spectacular views and decadent french delicacies, this pace oozes romance!
Book a table under the cherry tree or in one of the private cherry booths for a delectable Asian dinner in a romantic setting. After dinner, take a stroll along the illuminated promenade of Yas Bay Waterfront, or finish your evening with a romantic boat trip around the bay.
- Asia-Asia, Yas Waterfront, Yas Island. For more details or to book a table, click here or call +971 4 432 8302
Romantic Hotels & Resorts in Abu Dhabi
Just as fine dining is a city speciality in Abu Dhabi, so too are luxurious resorts that can deliver everything from honeymoon suites to private spa sessions or candlelit dinners on the beach. For an uber-romantic special occasion in Abu Dhabi, we recommend you try:
You’re in for a complete royal treat at Emirates Palace, the most luxurious 5-star hotel in the city. Add-ons include spa rituals, romantic turndown services, and private dinners on the beach are a speciality at this incredible resort hotel.
Just a 10-minute speed boat ride away from Saadiyat Island, Nauri Island is a private sanctuary for sunshine and sea lovers. The open-plan villas with their own private pools are perfect for a romantic getaway.
Spend your days swimming and cycling around the island before having an intimate dinner at one of the island’s wonderful restaurants, or simply order room service for a plush dinner on your private terrace.
Staying in a converted shipping container may not immediately screen romance but hear us out! The new Bab Al Najoum glamping site at Al Mugheirah is the latest eco-resort to open in the emirate giving unrivalled views. This has been combined with a new mangrove walk and desert and beach experiences that allow you to get in touch with nature as well as each other.
Things to do include kayaking, snorkelling amongst the mangroves, horse riding, and falconry. There is also plenty of environmentally focussed activities such as tree-planting and eco-crafts.
Qasr al Sarab
What could be better hidden in the desert dunes? Private villas with their own pool are also available at this exquisite 5-star resort by Anantara in Liwa. Book a sunrise or sunset camel trek or simply relax by the pool in this one-of-a-kind resort.
If you want to make your stay extra special, the hotel can organise a private Bedouin-styledinner in the dunes for a magical evening.
Special Deals for Valentine’s Day in Abu Dhabi
We will update this list in January 2024 for a fresh set of Valentine’s Day deals in Abu Dhabi; the list below is for 2023
While valentines can mean that your favourite romantic spots in Abu Dhabi are a little more crowded than usual, they can also bring brilliant value in packaged deals for you and your loved one to enjoy together.
The cool days of winter bring the added advantage of mild evenings where al fresco dining can be enjoyed in mid-February.
Why not check out these Valentine’s Day deals in Abu Dhabi this year:
- Fouquet’s Abu Dhabi (Louvre, Saadiyat Island) – 4-course Saint Valentin menu (French cuisine) available to enjoy from 6:00 PM to 1:00 AM on Tuesday, 14 February 2023 – 450 AED per person: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ZOE Modern Greek Kouzina (Al Bateen) – 5 courses, including welcome drinks and water, available from Sunday 12th to Tuesday 14th February 2023 – 400 AED per person: email@example.com
- Penelope’s Brasserie & Jazz Bar Américain (Yas Marina) – Set menu of French-Meditteranean cuisine with wine and a rose included, with the ambient background of their resident jazz band, Tuesday 14th February 2023 from 6:30 PM – 1000 AED per couple. To book a table, email Reservations@penelopes.ae
- Glo – Valentines Under the Stars (Rosewood- Al Maryah Island) – Al fresco dining and a 4-course set menu with a bottle of premium bubbly. Tuesday, 14th February 2023 from 7:00 PM to 11:00 PM – 750AED per couple. For bookings, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Yas Links (Yas Island) – Various Valentine’s dinner packages are available from the 3-course ‘Bronze Menu’ which includes three courses, a glass of sparkling wine, and a rose for 460 AED, to the ‘Gold Menu’, which includes four courses, unlimited champagne and house beverages and a bouquet of roses for 2,950 AED. Tuesday 14th February from 7.00 PM to 10.00 PM. To reserve your table, email email@example.com
- Yas Acres Golf & Country Club (Yas Island) – A Romantic dinner under the stars with live jazz music. 2 packages are available priced at AED 399 (three courses, mocktails and soft drinks) AED 469 (four courses, a welcome drink and selected house beverages). To book your table, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Saadiyat Beach Golf Club (Saadiyat Island) – Romance under the Stars – Enjoy a four-course dinner whilst gazing at the stars and listening to the waves breaking on the beach. A welcome drink is served on arrival, and a glass of wine, bouquet of roses and sweet treat are also included in the price of AED 900. To reserve your table, email email@example.com
- Hunter and Barrel (Yas Waterfront, Yas Island) – Complimentary glass of champagne each and a decadent cake to share. Tuesday 14th February 2023 from 11:00 AM until 1.00 AM. To reserve a table, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- COYA – (The Four Seasons Hotel, Al Maryah Island) – Enjoy a delicious Valemtine’s dessert platter featuring rhubarb mousse, strawberry chocolate ice cream, yoghurt marquise, assorted sorbets, chocolate ganache, fresh fruits and candied petals for AED 132. Available Tuesday 14th February only. To reserve a table, click here or call +971 2 306 7000.
Before you go… Important things to consider planning a trip to Abu Dhabi
- Pop into our essential planning information page, it includes everything you need to know about getting around Abu Dhabi, a handy guide on what to pack as well as top tips for first-timers on the dos and don’ts, laws, and customs in the UAE.
- Check the most up-to-date COVID entry rules for Abu Dhabi.
- Don’t forget to pack your travel insurance!
- Discover the best places to stay in Abu Dhabi, or bag a bargain on your accommodation here:
Please note we are not a travel agency. This site is a travel blog to help newcomers to the UAE self plan their trip, we cannot book your flights, hotels, visas or connections for you. We may make a small commission if you click on any of our hotel or tour recommendation links.Abu Dhabi Travel Planner