Abu Dhabi, the vibrant capital of the United Arab Emirates, is renowned for its spectacular New Year’s Eve celebrations. As the city gears up to welcome the new year, an array of venues across the city are preparing to host unforgettable events.
From luxurious hotels with breathtaking views to cultural hotspots offering unique experiences and free fireworks, Abu Dhabi presents a diverse selection of destinations for ringing in the new year.
Join us as we delve into the heart of the city’s New Year’s Eve festivities, highlighting the best spots to celebrate the onset of 2024.
- Abu Dhabi Fireworks on New Year’s Eve 2024-25
- New Year’s Eve Al Wathba 2024-25
- New Year’s Eve on Yas Island 2024-25
- New Year’s Eve on Al Maryah Island 2024-25
- New Year’s Eve Along the Corniche & City Venues 2024-25
- New Year’s Eve on Saadiyat Island 2024-25
- More Dining Venues for New Year in Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi Fireworks on New Year’s Eve 2024-25
What would New Year’s Eve be without traditional fireworks at midnight?
Now, we will note that the city seems to love nothing more than a last-minute decision and rule change, too (anyone who was told National Day fireworks were cancelled earlier this month, then they happened anyway, you know what we mean!)
So, based on press releases we have and to the best of our knowledge, these are the prime locations where you can catch spectacular free fireworks shows to ring in the new year 2024 at midnight:
- Abu Dhabi Corniche (Adjacent to the Mother of the Nation Festival)
- Yas Bay (also viewable from many spots along Al Raha Beach) 9PM and Midnight
- Sheikh Zayed Festival, Al Wathba
- Al Maryah Island (also viewable from the Tourist Club area)
- Emirates Palace, (paying guests only)
- Marsana, Al Hudayriyat Island (feature image)
- Liwa Village, Moreeb Dunes
(Scroll left to get information in English)
New Year’s Eve Al Wathba 2024-25
All eyes this year are on the major Guinness World Record-breaking event scheduled to take place at midnight at the Sheikh Zayed Festival in Al Wathba. A drone and laser show will accompany a fireworks show that lasts for over 1 hour. The first of its kind in the region, expected to break records for quantity, time and duration as well as a humongous balloon release.
The evening will be filled with a huge number of events that focus on the Heritage Village, including a performance of Al Razfa and Ayala dances. Children can be kept entertained at Fun Fair City, the House of Horror and activities run by Al Forsan International Sports Resort. And as a usual fixture of this nighty event, enjoy the World Civilisations Parade with lively folkloric performances.
New Year’s Eve on Yas Island 2024-25
There are several entertainment venues across Yas Island vying for the party crowd, including the vibrant new waterfront destination Yas Bay, which will offer front-row fireworks seats, but don’t forget about foodie favourite Yas Marina and several other dining hotspots, including the theme parks and Yas Plaza hotels.
Our selection of the best New Year’s Eve venues on Yas to look out for:
The WB Abu Dhabi
Not just one but four party venues are on offer this year:
- Glitter Dinner at the Directors Club with exquisite 3-course menu (5:30 OM to 11:30 PM)
- Retro Party at Sidekicks with lively character meet-n-greets alongside nostalgia throwbacks (8:00 PM to Midnight)
- New Year’s Eve Movie Night at Matinee – the city’s only dive-in theatre enjoy a starlit night with two sittings (7:00 PM to 9:00 PM and 9:00 PM to 11:30 PM)
- New Year’s Eve Countdown at the Overlook with foodie fusion and bubbly beverages to the beats of their resident DJ (8:30 PM to 1:30 AM)
Where: The WB Hotel Abu Dhabi, Yas Island
When: 31 December 2024, timing as above
Pricing: Varies by location and soft/house/bubbly packages. Please enquire.
Learn more 02 815 0000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
An offer that families will love in one of Abu Dhabi’s best family restaurants: reserve yourselves front-row seats to the Yas Bay fireworks action at midnight, as well as gaming credits to use throughout the evening. Adults will enjoy free-flow beverages with this reasonably priced three-course meal package.
Where: Yas Bay Waterfront, Yas Island
When: 31 December 8:30 PM to 12:30 AM
Pricing: Kids AED 200 (with arcade credits), Adults AED 400
Learn more at solutions-leisure.com
Hilton Abu Dhabi Yas Island
Enjoy a roaring Twenites-themed buffet night poolside at this prime fireworks location with an evening filled with non-stop entertainment, kids welcome.
Where: Hilton Abu Dhabi, Yas Island, YasBay Waterfront
When: 31 December, 7:30 PM to 1:00 AM
Pricing: AED 700 soft, Premium AED 900.
Learn more 052 547 6318 or email email@example.com
The Timeless NYE Dinner by Garage will provide a fusion of international flavours and top-notch dining alongside party hits and a vibrant dancefloor. Always one of the best spots in town for a late-night party, with revellers moving on to the rooftop Wet Deck at the evening’s end, where DJs keep the party rolling into the small hours.
Where: W Abu Dhabi, Yas Island
When: 31 December, 8:00 PM to 1:00 AM
Pricing: For the Gala Dinner,
NYE Yas Island Dhow Dinner Cruise
Enjoy a truly unique way of experiencing the best Yas Island has to offer this New Year’s Eve with a journey along the waterfront in a traditional Arabic boat. Your ticket will include a lavish dinner with international cuisines and accompanying music.
Where: Depart from Yas Marina
When: 31 December, from
Pricing: From AED 999 pp
New Year’s Eve on Al Maryah Island 2024-25
With the promise of one of the city’s most spectacular fireworks displays on your doorstep, here’s where we recommend you book yourselves a front-row seat.
One for your late-night party crowd, this glorious poolside venue will be hosting a NYE Masquerade Ball, with DJ beats from Keith Dobbs, Rob Forrest, ChadPhunk and Ghaith, along with saxophonists Milan. a
Where: Glo, Rosewood Hotel, Al Maryah Island
When: 31 December, from 9:00 pm to 4:00 AM
Pricing: 1750 AED per table of 4, AED 3500 for a table of 6, and AED 5000 per table of ten.
Learn more at The Rosewood ~ Book tickets on Platinumlist
Always known for hosting some of the most glittering and exciting party events in the capital, New Year’s Eve 2024-25 will be no exception with COYA’s dress-to-impress Gold Inca Empire event. Enjoy the eclectic spirit of Latin America with a party like no other, finished off with front-row seats to the Al Maryah fireworks.
Where: COYA, Four Seasons at the Galleria, Al Maryah Island
When: 31 December, from 6:30 PM to late
Pricing: Second seating, AED 800 AED minimum spend pp in the lounge and restaurant, AED 1,200 AED minimum spend pp on the terrace sofas.
Enjoy a 5-course set menu with Chef Delfino Chiarello’s signature dishes and free-flow beverages to celebrate Abu Dhabi New Year’s Eve 2024.
Where: Four Seasons at the Galleria, Al Maryah Island
When: 31 December 2024 from 6:00 PM to 1:00 AM
Pricing: AED 890 indoors, AED 990 outdoors, children AED 440
Want a whopping 14-course meal to bring in the New Year? An absolutely delectable dining display accompanied by free-flowing drinks.
Where: Four Seasons Hotel, The Galleria, Al Maryah Island, Abu Dhabi
When: 31 December 2024
Pricing: AED 1,199 inside, AED 1,499 for window seating, AED 1,999 for terrace seating
Learn more 02 672 333 or check them out @99sushibaruae
This year, Aqua will host a Gala Dinner with a delicious array of courses and a handcrafted dessert buffet. With stunning waterfront views, you’ll have some of the best seats in the house for the Al Maryah Island firework display at midnight.
Where: Aqua, Rosewood Abu Dhabi, Al Maryah Island
When: 31 December 2022 from 87:30 PM to midnight
Pricing: AED 855 house packages or AED 955 Sparkling
If you’d prefer poolside vibes, you can also enjoy the New Year’s celebrations at Rosewood’s poolside venue Glo
Learn more at Rosewoodhotels.com | firstname.lastname@example.org
New Year’s Eve Along the Corniche & City Venues 2024-25
As well as the fireworks display midway along the Corniche, best viewed by those attending the Mother of the Nation Festival, there are several hotels along the length of the Corniche and surrounding areas where you’ll find fabulous Abu Dhabi New Year’s Eve events.
You’ll find no less than eight dining options at the city’s most decadent hotel for ringing in the New Year. Choose from Hakkasan, Talea, Lebanese Terrace, Broadway, Vendome, Martabaan by Hemant Oberoi, Sand + Koal and ALMA. Step outside at midnight to enjoy the hotel’s own exclusive fireworks display.
Where: Emirates Palace, Corniche
When: 31 December, 7:30 PM to late
Pricing: Various – please enquire per venue (expect in the ‘000s pp)
Offering one of the grandest nights out with a dress-to-impress masquerade-themed gala dinner in the Grand Ballroom, enjoy a night of live performances and fireworks.
Where: Grand Hyatt Abu Dhabi, West Corniche
When: 31 December, 8:00 PM to 1:00 AM
Pricing: AED 600 soft, AED 800 house
New Year’s Eve on Saadiyat Island 2024-25
Last but not least, there are plenty of delectable destinations to enjoy the New Year’s celebrations in Abu Dhabi, facing onto the city’s best beachfront:
Disco Decadence at Rixos Premium
For an utterly spectacular outdoor affair, this gala dinner is sure to impress with its disco-era theme and an incredible array of food and cocktails. The evening will be filled with live entertainment and captivating performances from belly dancing to a spectacular disco dance show. A DJ will keep the evening flowing well past midnight.
If the kids are coming along too, they’ll have a spectacular line-up of themed entertainment, with the Rixy Kids Club taking control for the night so mum and dad can enjoy. They’ll be in for an equally incredible evening of extravagance from musical dance shows and a mini Disco and Cartoon Cinema.
Where: The Rixos Premium Saadiyat Island
When: 31 December from 6:30 PM to 3:00 AM
Pricing: From AED 2,500; VIP Lounge AED 5000 per person (max 8 per lounge) | Stay packages start from AED 5,800 per night per couple (min 4-night stay)
For reservations, call +971 02 492 2222 or +971 52 274 0020
Saadiyat Beach Golf Club
Party the night away at Saadiyat Beach Golf Club. Start your evening with the NYE Gala Dinner, then hit the dance floor for a fantastic night with a variety of live entertainment including a Michael Buble tribute band.
Where: Saadiyat Beach Golf Club, Saadiyat Island
When: 31 December, 7:00 PM to midnight
Pricing: PAED 350 soft, AED 599 house, children AED 175
Learn more viyagolf.com/festive/sbgc
Grande Finale at Sim Sim
This wonderful location is the perfect partying spot to bring in the New Year, with kids’ package options available too. There will be a live band and DJ; partying can continue after midnight at the hotel’s other locations Hamilton’s Gastropub and Nasma Beachfront Bar.
Where: Saadiyat Rotana Resort & Villas
When: 31 December from 7:30 PM to 11:45 PM
Pricing: From AED 975 soft, AED 1,250 house, AED 1,550 premium
Learn more call 02 697 0000 or rotana.com
More Dining Venues for New Year in Abu Dhabi
If you’re not too fussed by fireworks and simply seek dinner, entertainment and great company, there are plenty of other venues around the capital ready to entertain this New Year, well worth your consideration:
- Akiba Dori, Yas Bay Waterfront
- Alba Terrace, The Abu Dhabi EDITION, AL Bateen Marina
- Al Rimal, Erth Abu Dhabi
- Amerigos, Park Inn by Radisson, Yas Island
- Art Lounge, Louvre Abu Dhabi, Saadiyat Island
- AT25, Marriott Hotel Downton
- Azura Panoramic Lounge, The St Regis Abu Dhabi Corniche
- Bambu, Cristal Hotel
- Balcon Terrace, Southern Sun Abu Dhabi
- Ba:TE, Eastern Mangroves
- Benjarong, Dusit Thani
- Bridges Bar, Fairmont Bab al Bahr
- Café Del Mare, Yas Bay Waterfront
- Catch at St Regis, The St Regis Abu Dhabi Corniche
- Cho Gao, Crowne Plaza
- Cipriani, Yas Marina, Yas Island
- Crafty Fox, Yas Links, Yas Island
- Cyan Brasserie, Andaz Capital Gate
- Dai Pai Dong, Al Maryah Island
- Dino’s Bistro Italiano, Pearl Rotana Capital Centre
- Filini Garden, Park Inn by Radisson, Yas Island
- Graphos Social Kitchen, Hilton Abu Dhabi, Yas Bay
- Hickory’s Restaurant, Yas Links, Yas Island
- Hytes Bar, Southern Sun
- Jing Asia, Crowne Plaza
- José by Pizzaro, Conrad Abu Dhabi Etihad Towers
- Kamoon, Khalidiya Palace Rayhann by Rotana
- Kuzbara, Mariott Hotel Downtown
- La Piscine Restaurant and Pool Bar, Al Raha Beach Hotel
- Layali Shahrazad, Grand Milenium Al Wadha
- Lock Stock & Barrel, Yas Bay
- LMP Abu Dhabi, The Galleria, Al Maruah Island
- Market Kitchen, Le Royal Meridien
- Marco Pier White Steakhouse and Grill, Fairmont Bab Al Bahr
- McGettigan’s, Dusit Thani
- Mezze, Royal M Hotel & Resort
- Moon Deck, Le Meridien
- Oléa, The St Regis Saadiyat Island Resort
- Oak Room, The Abu Dhabi EDITION, Al Bateen Marina
- PJ O’Reilly’s, Le Royal Meridien
- Saadiyat Beach Club Gala Dinner, Saadiyat Island
- Shangri-La, Qaryat Al Beri
- Stratos Revolving Lounge Bar & Grill, Le Royal Meridien
- Terra Secca, Al Wathba, a Luxury Collection Desert Resort & Spa
- The Warehouse Wine & Tapas Bar, Pearl Rotana Capital Centre
- Urban Kitchen, Dusit Thani
- Vertigo Lounge, West Bay, Corniche
- W Lounge, W Abu Dhabi, Yas Island
- Waves Bar & Outdoor Lounge, Novotel Al Bustan
- Y Bar, Yas Island Rotana
Looking to head to Dubai for New Year’s Eve? This is where you’ll find the most spectacular fireworks in Dubai for 2024-25
Before you go… Important things to consider when planning a trip to Abu Dhabi
- Pop into our essential planning information page, it includes everything you need to know about getting around Abu Dhabi, a handy guide on what to pack as well as top tips for first-timers on the dos and don’ts, laws, and customs in the UAE.
- Don’t forget to pack your travel insurance!
- Discover the best places to stay in Abu Dhabi, or bag a bargain on your accommodation here:
Please note we are not a travel agency. This site is a travel blog to help newcomers to the UAE self plan their trip, we cannot book your flights, hotels, visas or connections for you. We may make a small commission if you click on any of our hotel or tour recommendation links.Abu Dhabi Travel Planner