Everything you need to know about visiting Abu Dhabi in February
Take me back to January | Jump forward to March
Abu Dhabi enjoys mild winter days in February. Towards the end of the month, temperatures gradually increase, heralding the start of spring. It is an ideal time of year to visit Abu Dhabi for pleasant weather and low crowds.
Abu Dhabi weather in February
Abu Dhabi’s average daytime maximum temperature in February is 24.2°C (75.6°F), with highs of 36.2°C (97.1°F) and average overnight lows of 18.6°C (65.5°F).
In February, you should expect the coldest sea temperatures of the year, on average of 21.1°C (70°F). Maximum sea temperatures are expected of 22.4°C (71.3°F) through to a chilly minimum of 19.9°C (68.8°F).
Make no mistake, no matter what time of year you visit Abu Dhabi, you will still want a hat, sunscreen, and sunglasses – you can find our full packing list tips for Abu Dhabi here.
Weather information sourced from the National Centre of Meteorology Climate Report 2003-2019 for Abu Dhabi Corniche and seatemperature.org
Abu Dhabi Special Events in February 2023
February is a perfect time to get outdoors in Abu Dhabi.
Cultural Events in Abu Dhabi this February
- The Sheikh Zayed Heritage Festival – held on purpose-built festival showgrounds in Al Wathba, will be in full swing this month. The festival comes to an end this year on the 18th March.
- The Maritime Heritage Festival will take place between the 17th and the 26th of February at the Al Bahar area of Abu Dhabi Corniche.
- The Impressionism Pathways to Modernity exhibition comes to an end on the 5th of February, 2023, at the Abu Dhabi Louvre.
Theatrical & Comedy Events
- Children’s favourite Blippi comes to the Etihad Arena on the 18th and 19th of February in Blippi the Musical.
- Comedian Kevin Hart will be bringing his ‘Reality Check’ to the Etihad Arena on the 22nd of February.
Culinary events in Abu Dhabi this February
- Look out for various Valentine’s offers around the city – we have a great summary of Valentine’s Deals in Abu Dhabi for you romantics!
Sporting events in Abu Dhabi this February
- The 2023 UCI Cycling World Tour will hit Abu Dhabi between the 20th and 26th of February 2023. For more details, click here.
- The Nomadas Adventure Rally Service’s Abu Dhabi Desert Challenge will take place between the 25th of February and 5th of March. Learn more here.
Suggested Abu Dhabi Tourist Activities in February
Given the weather, you undoubtedly want to be experiencing the best of Abu Dhabi outdoors during February. Why not try:
- Qasr Al Hosn – found in the centre of Abu Dhabi island. Home to Abu Dhabi’s original landmark building the Al Hosn Fort, this is the perfect place to come and take a step back through history during the cool and pleasant winter months, with a variety of indoor and outdoor displays.
- Kayak the Mangroves – there are a couple of superb spots to do this, both close to town. Try the Eastern Mangroves (adjacent to the Anantara Hotel), here you can also hire Eco Donut Boats if you’d prefer not to do the padding! Kayaking is now available at Jubail Mangrove Park, Reem Island and around the Louvre, Saadiyat Island.
- A city boat tour – A fabulous way to see the city made up of hundreds of islands; there are several departure locations and types of boats, from thrilling speed boats to more sedate traditional dhows to get out on the water and enjoy the fresh winter air.
- Enjoy an evening in the desert – most tour operators are again taking visitors to the rich golden dunes just outside of the city for a unique and memorable desert experience. expect dune bashing, quad biking and a camel ride before settling into evening entertainment, including BBQ dinner and a dance show over shisha and henna painting.
- And should you find that there’s a wet and windy day, perhaps visit Abu Dhabi’s ‘Prison Island’, a network of 26 challenging escape rooms tucked inside Abu Dhabi Mall.
Day Trips from Abu Dhabi in February
February is a great time to get out and explore all that the UAE has to offer. Whilst a day trip to Dubai is an obvious choice for many visitors, here are some of the UAE’s lesser-known day trips:
- A day exploring Jebel Hafeet Desert Park – Explore the 5000-year-old beehive tombs and many hiking trails at the foot of Jebel Hafeet, Al Ain. There are also overnight camping and glamping options to consider here.
- Visit Al Ain Oasis and the various forts and palaces in Abu Dhabi’s ‘Garden City’. See how dates have been cultivated for generations using the elaborate aflaj system and visit the Palace of Sheikh Zayed, the UAE’s founding father.
Abu Dhabi with kids in February
Still plenty of fun for the kids to have outside during February 2023. Why not try:
- The CircuitX experiences on Al Hudayriat Island. Ropes course, zipline, rock climbing and free fall are all on offer at one location, or head over to the beach and Marsana for the Skate Park.
- Yas Waterworld will reopen on the 12th of February following its winter maintenance shutdown, so grab those bathers and get ready for action!
Check out the best things to do in Abu Dhabi every month here
Before you go… Important things to consider planning a trip to Abu Dhabi
- Pop into our essential planning information page, it includes everything you need to know about getting around Abu Dhabi, a handy guide on what to pack as well as top tips for first-timers on the dos and don’ts, laws, and customs in the UAE.
- Find the latest Abu Dhabi COVID-19 Guidance here.
- Discover the best places to stay in Abu Dhabi, or bag a bargain on your accommodation here:
Take me back to the Abu Dhabi Travel Blog
Please note we are not a travel agency. This site is a travel blog to help newcomers to the UAE self plan their trip, we cannot book your flights, hotels, visas or connections for you. We may make a small commission if you click on any of our hotel or tour recommendation links.Abu Dhabi Travel Planner