Everything you need to know about visiting Abu Dhabi in February
Abu Dhabi enjoys mild winter days in February. Towards the end of the month, temperatures gradually increase, heralding the start of spring. It is an ideal time of year to visit Abu Dhabi for pleasant weather and low crowds.
Abu Dhabi Weather in February
Abu Dhabi’s average daytime maximum temperature in February is 24.2°C (75.6°F), with extreme highs of 36.2°C (97.1°F) by month end, and average overnight lows of 18.6°C (65.5°F).
In February, you should expect the coldest sea temperatures of the year, on average of 21.1°C (70°F). Maximum sea temperatures are expected of 22.4°C (71.3°F) through to a chilly minimum of 19.9°C (68.8°F).
Make no mistake, no matter what time of year you visit Abu Dhabi, you will still want a hat, sunscreen, and sunglasses – you can find our full packing list tips for Abu Dhabi here.
Weather information sourced from the National Centre of Meteorology Climate Report 2003-2019 for Abu Dhabi Corniche and seatemperature.org
Abu Dhabi Special Events in February 2024
We are still updating this monthly guide to Abu Dhabi events for 2024. New events may be added, so please check back for updates!
February is a perfect time to get outdoors in Abu Dhabi. This year, the city will see an action-packed lineup of outdoor concerts and festivals, making the most of the final month of milder weather.
Cultural Events in Abu Dhabi this February
- The Sheikh Zayed Heritage Festival – held on purpose-built festival showgrounds in Al Wathba, will be in full swing this month. The festival comes to an end this year on the 9th March.
- The Maritime Heritage Festival will take place between the 23rd of February and the 3rd of March 2024 at the Al Bahar area on Abu Dhabi Corniche. There will be family workshops, souks and live cultural performances as well as historical reenactments.
- The All Africa Festival which celebrates the rich and diverse cultures of Africa, will take place at Etihad Park from the 2nd to the 4th of February.
- The Transparencies: Art Here 2023 exhibition comes to an end on the 18th of February, 2024, at the Abu Dhabi Louvre. The Cartier, Islamic Inspiration and Modern Design exhibition will continue to run until the 24th of March 2024.
- February brings the Middle East Film and Comic Convention to Abu Dhabi. This year’s convention promises appearances by James and Oliver Phelps (AKA Fred and George Weasley from the Harry Potter movies), Temuera Morrison (Boba Fett, Mandalorian, Star Wars, Aquaman) and voice actor Troy Baker (who worked on The Last of Us, Joker, Batman and Fortnite) as well as many other renowned actors, voice artists and writers and artists. The convention will run from the 9th to the 11th of February at the Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre (ADNEC). For tickets and more information, click here.
- Try your hand at Gilding Islamic Floral Decoration in a workshop at the Abu Dhabi Cultural Foundation on the 10th or the 14th of February. Alternatively, explore Arabic Calligraphy with Nevine Meguid on the 12th or the 26th of February. For more details click here.
Theatrical & Comedy Events
- Hit musical Hamilton will continue to run at the Etihad Arena until the 11th of February.
- Head to NYUAD Arts Center on the 7th of February for Mehek, a contemporary dance phenomenon featuring Akashi Odedra and Aditi Mangalas.
- One of India’s favourite stand-up comedians, Zakir Khan, will be making audiences laugh at the Etihad Arena on February 18th.
- Comedian Trevor Noah will, once again, be ‘Off the Record’ at the Etihad Arena on the 28th of February. Tickets would sell out fast, so be sure to grab them now!
- Timothy Chooi and Chanyong Chin will be performing a variety of classical favourites at Manarat Al Saadiyat on February 9th.
- Internationally acclaimed artist Sting will be performing live as part of the Saadiyat Nights series on the 3rd of February. The series will also see Lebanese legend Magida El Roumi perform on the 10th of February and Alicia Keys will take the stage on the 17th of February. Tickets are on sale via Ticketmaster UAE.
Culinary events in Abu Dhabi this February
- Look out for various Valentine’s offers around the city – we have a great summary of Valentine’s Deals in Abu Dhabi for all of you romantics!
Sporting events in Abu Dhabi this February
- The UCI Cycling World Tour will hit Abu Dhabi between 19 and 25 February 2024. For more details, click here.
- For tennis fans, the Mubadala Abu Dhabi Open will take place at Zayed Sports City from 3 to 11 February 2024.
- The first-ever HERO Abu Dhabi mountain bike race will take place at Trail X on Hudayriyat Island from 9 to 11 February 2024.
- Popular sporting event TriYAS is back for its 14th edition, taking place on Saturday, 24 February at Yas Marina Circuit.
- Al Dhafra Water Festival will be held daily from 23rd February until the 3rd March 2024, from 4:00 pm to 10:00 pm Al Mughira Beach, Al Dhafra (Western Region).
Suggested Abu Dhabi Tourist Activities in February 2024
Given the weather, you undoubtedly want to experience the best of Abu Dhabi outdoors during February. Why not try:
- Qasr Al Hosn – found in the centre of Abu Dhabi island. Home to Abu Dhabi’s original landmark building the Al Hosn Fort, this is the perfect place to come and take a step back through history during the cool and pleasant winter months, with a variety of indoor and outdoor displays.
- Kayak the Mangroves – there are a couple of superb spots to do this, both close to town. Try the Eastern Mangroves (adjacent to the Anantara Hotel), here you can also hire Eco Donut Boats if you’d prefer not to do the padding! Kayaking is now available at Jubail Mangrove Park, Reem Island and around the Louvre, Saadiyat Island.
- A city boat tour – A fabulous way to see the city made up of hundreds of islands; there are several departure locations and types of boats, from thrilling speed boats to more sedate traditional dhows to get out on the water and enjoy the fresh winter air.
- Enjoy an evening in the desert – most tour operators are again taking visitors to the rich golden dunes just outside of the city for a unique and memorable desert experience. Expect dune bashing, quad biking and a camel ride before settling into evening entertainment, including BBQ dinner and a dance show over shisha and henna painting.
- And should you find that there’s a wet and windy day, perhaps visit Abu Dhabi’s ‘Prison Island’, a network of 26 challenging escape rooms tucked inside Abu Dhabi Mall.
Day Trips from Abu Dhabi in February 2024
February is a great time to get out and explore all that the UAE has to offer. Whilst a day trip to Dubai is an obvious choice for many visitors, here are some of the UAE’s lesser-known day trips:
- A day exploring Jebel Hafeet Desert Park – Explore the 5000-year-old beehive tombs and many hiking trails at the foot of Jebel Hafeet, Al Ain. There are also overnight camping and glamping options to consider here.
- Visit Al Ain Oasis and the various forts and palaces in Abu Dhabi’s ‘Garden City’. See how dates have been cultivated for generations using the elaborate aflaj system and visit the Palace of Sheikh Zayed, the UAE’s founding father. Try this day tour which will include your guide and transportation.
Abu Dhabi with kids in February 2024
There’s still plenty of fun for the kids to have outside during February 2024. Why not try:
- The CircuitX experiences on Al Hudayriat Island. Ropes course, zipline, rock climbing and free fall are all on offer at one location, or head over to the beach and Marsana for the Skate Park and Splash Pad as the afternoons in Abu Dhabi start to heat up for Spring.
- Yas Waterworld will reopen on the 5th of February following its winter maintenance shutdown, so grab those bathers and get ready for action!
- The new SeaWorld Yas Island is a great addition to the theme parks line-up and worth a spot on your family itinerary in Abu Dhabi.
Before you go… Important things to consider when planning a trip to Abu Dhabi
- Pop into our essential planning information page, it includes everything you need to know about getting around Abu Dhabi, a handy guide on what to pack as well as top tips for first-timers on the dos and don’ts, laws, and customs in the UAE.
- Don’t forget to pack your travel insurance!
- Discover the best places to stay in Abu Dhabi, or bag a bargain on your accommodation here:
Please note we are not a travel agency. This site is a travel blog to help newcomers to the UAE self plan their trip, we cannot book your flights, hotels, visas or connections for you. We may make a small commission if you click on any of our hotel or tour recommendation links.Abu Dhabi Travel Planner