Everything you need to know about visiting Abu Dhabi in June
Abu Dhabi experiences very hot and sometimes humid weather in June. Life in Abu Dhabi very much heads indoors at this time of year, with outdoor experiences only really enjoyable in the early mornings and evenings.
That said, many visitors still love Abu Dhabi in June for its fabulous beach resorts at this time of year, enjoying them while they’re at their quietest (schools locally are in session until the end of June!)
Typical Abu Dhabi Weather in June
Abu Dhabi’s average daytime maximum temperature in June is 36.7°C (98°F), with highs as much as 46.7°C (116°F) and average lows overnight of 30.5°C (86.9°F).
In June, you should expect sea temperatures on average of 31.6°C (88.9°F). Minimum sea temperatures in June are 30.5°C (87.8°F) through to a bubbly warm maximum by month-end 32.7°c / 90°F – almost spa-like! Don’t worry, though; resorts will have chillers in their pools, so you can still take a refreshing dip.
Make no mistake, no matter what time of year you visit Abu Dhabi, you will still want a hat, sunscreen, and sunglasses – you can find our full packing list tips for Abu Dhabi here.
Weather information sourced from the National Centre of Meteorology Climate Report 2003-2019 for Abu Dhabi Corniche and seatemperature.org
Abu Dhabi Special Events in June 2023
June is a quieter month for events in Abu Dhabi as many seasonal outdoor venues close or modify their offering in the hottest months of summer. Nonetheless, there’s still plenty happening indoors this June in Abu Dhabi!
- No UAE heritage events are scheduled for June 2023. Eid Al Adha is, however, set to fall from 28-30 June 2023, which is sure to bring some traditional performances and activities throughout the city.
Live Music, Theatre and Comedy
- Legendary rock band Guns N’ Roses kick off the month at the Etihad Arena with their first show in the UAE since 2017. Tickets for 1st of June are still available, click here for more information.
- Abu Dhabi Choral Group will be presenting Monty Python’s Spamalot at the Red Theater NYU from May 31st until June 3rd. For more details, click here.
- Iraqi singer and composer, Majid Al Mohandis, will be performing live at the Etihad Arena on Saturday the 17th of June.
- There will be lots of fun for the little ones at Paw Patrol Live! Race to the Rescue at the Etihad Arena from the 8th of June until the 11th of June.
- Don’t miss the Eid celebrations on Yas Island on June 30th. Legendary Saudi Arabian singer Rabeh Sager will be performing live at the Etihad Arena, with more acts set to be announced.
- Manny Pacquiao is set to take on Conor Ben in a welterweight showdown at the Etihad Arena on June 3rd. Note that this event is still to be confirmed.
Suggested Abu Dhabi Activities in June 2023
Besides the beach weather, June is the perfect month to explore Abu Dhabi’s top indoor attractions.
- The Louvre Abu Dhabi is vastly indoors (and even a little chilly inside!), so makes a great June activity.
- Tour inside the city’s incredible Qasr al Watan, the Presidential Palace, before making your way to afternoon tea at either Emirates Palace or Observation 300 at Conrad Hotel, Etihad Towers.
- Enjoy indoor thrills and spills aplenty on Yas Island. Thrill-seekers will love taking on the world’s fastest roller coaster in the world at Ferrari World or try your hand at indoor SkyDiving next door at CLYMB Abu Dhabi.
- Newly opened, SeaWorld Abu Dhabi – housing the world’s largest aquarium – makes a unique addition to Abu Dhabi’s theme park lineup.
- The Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque is open throughout the year and can still be visited in summer, but be prepared as a lot of your tour is outside, partially shaded.
- Enjoy an indulgent spa treatment at one of Abu Dhabi’s unique luxurious spas.
- In the evening, visit Yas Bay. Indoor dining is available, but if it’s not too sticky and humid, restaurants are keeping their al fresco dining areas open after dark.
Day Trips From Abu Dhabi in June
This is a great time of year for exploring some of Dubai’s indoor attractions on a day trip.
If you only have one day you may not have time to queue for the Burj Khalifa, but the Dubai Frame makes an excellent alternative Dubai viewing spot. We’d also suggest on a Dubai itinerary this summer, enjoying the best of indoor attractions:
- Enjoy a tropical treat indoors at The Green Planet.
- Tour the tunnels beneath the world’s largest suspended water tank at Dubai Aquarium & Underwater Zoo.
- Visit the beautiful Museum of the Future.
Abu Dhabi with Kids in June
This is the perfect time of year to take on the Yas Island trio of theme parks.
You can start your day at Yas Waterworld, then continue to cool off indoors at neighbouring Warner Bros World Abu Dhabi. Finish your evening over at Ferrari World and Yas Mall where there are plenty of family dining options.
While it’s not impossible to be outside in June, bear in mind that surfaces can be scorching, even into the evening. Take care before venturing near playground equipment, and keep beach shoes on little one’s feet, sunscreen, and hats.
- A great fun option you can try in the hotter summer months is Yas Waterworld summer nights, held every Saturday night over the summer until 10:00 PM.
- A nice place to cool off at the end of the day is the city’s famous Umm al Emarat Park, it stays open until late in the evening (entry is 10AED per person), and kids can cool off in the splash park and wadis.
- Another popular new evening spot for families is Al Mamsha on Al Hudayriat Island. Here you’ll find a skate park, splash park, heritage trail and a great range of al fresco dining options.
Our best recommendation when travelling with kids to Abu Dhabi in summer is to stay at one of the city’s best beachfront hotels so kids can enjoy a splash as part of your stay; top recommendations include:
- The St Regis Saadiyat Island Resort – or frankly, any of the Saadiyat Island resorts are simply superb.
- Emirates Palace – indulgent luxury but those slides and pool, wow!
- On a smaller budget, try Beach Rotana or off-island; the new Hilton Abu Dhabi on Yas Island with theme park tickets included is also a winner for this summer.
Find a detailed guide here to the best UAE resorts offering that little something extra for families!
Before you go… Important things to consider when planning a trip to Abu Dhabi
- Pop into our essential planning information page, it includes everything you need to know about getting around Abu Dhabi, a handy guide on what to pack as well as top tips for first-timers on the dos and don’ts, laws, and customs in the UAE.
- Find the latest Abu Dhabi COVID-19 Guidance here.
- Discover the best places to stay in Abu Dhabi, or bag a bargain on your accommodation here:
Please note we are not a travel agency. This site is a travel blog to help newcomers to the UAE self plan their trip, we cannot book your flights, hotels, visas or connections for you. We may make a small commission if you click on any of our hotel or tour recommendation links.Abu Dhabi Travel Planner