Whilst the Holy Month of Ramadan is first and foremost a religious occasion, there’s no denying that it has become synonymous in the UAE with hospitality, retail and attraction deals.
Many sales and discount offers can be found at this time of year and we’ve been getting the scoop on the latest offers tourists and residents alike can take advantage of this year.
Ramadan Opening Hours in Abu Dhabi
It is important for visitors to Abu Dhabi to note that opening times will change over the Holy Month to reflect the fact that most Muslim families will look to stay up later into the evening.
We are aware of the following opening hours applying for major Abu Dhabi attractions:
Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque Ramadan Hours 2022 (1443)
Timings have been split between the first 20 days and the last 10 days of Ramadan – please observe exact timing based on moon sightings.
First 20 days of Ramadan 1443
- Saturday to Thursday: 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM & 9:30 PM to 1:00 PM
- Fridays: 3:00 PM to 6:00 PM & 9:30 PM to 1:00 AM
Last 10 days of Ramadan 1443
- Saturday to Thursday: 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM & 9:30 PM to 11:30 PM
- Fridays 3:00 PM to 6:00 PM & 9:30 PM to 11:30 PM
Guided Cultural tours will continue to run throughout Ramadan. No need to book, details will be available when you arrive.
Opening Hours on the First Day of Eid Al-Fitr and Eid Al-Adha
The mosque is open during the first day of Eid Al-Fitr (Feast of Breaking the Fast) and Eid Al-Adha (Feast of Sacrifice), from Saturday to Thursday 9:00 AM to 10:00 PM.
The Louvre Abu Dhabi Ramadan Hours 2022 (1443)
- 10:00 AM to 6:30 PM [Normal hours]
- Closed Mondays
Not all dining venues may be open during Ramadan, please inquire before visiting.
Qasr Al Watan Ramadan Hours 2022 (1443)
- Every day open: 11:00 AM
- Last entry: 4:00 PM
- Exhibitions close: 4:45 PM
- Palace closes: 5:00 PM
- Lightshow is paused during Ramadan, it will resume from Eid
Yas Island Theme Parks
Always packed with spectacular Ramadan offers, this year you can get your hands on Yas Theme Park tickets, single entry for 25% off, or if you are buying 4 or more Annual Gold Passes, get 25% off the total price – see offers here.
Yas Waterworld Ramadan Hours 2022 (1443)
- Daily: 12:00 PM – 7:00 PM
Ferrari World Ramadan Hours 2022 (1443)
- 2 April to 30 April: 1:00 PM – 8:00 PM
- Closed Sundays & Mondays
Warner Bros World Abu Dhabi Ramadan Hours 2022 (1443)
- 2 April to 30 April: 1:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Umm al Emarat Park Ramadan Hours 2022 (1443)
- 8:00 am to 12:00am [normal hours]
A huge line up of events will continue at Umm al Emarat Park during Ramadan including the Ramadan canon,fitness class, storytelling on the big screen -more to come!
Circuit X – Hudayriyat Island
For keeping the kids active outdoors, check out these great deals at Circuit X:
- Ramadan Day Deal – Between 4:00 PM and 7:00 PM enjoy all activities for 50 AED only! Applies to the Skate Park, BMX Park and Ropes Park.
- Ramadan Nights – get 30% off on kids activities after 7:00 PM when you book online using code RAMADAN.
If you will be heading to Dubai, make sure you check out our guide to Dubai attractions during Ramadan here.
Iftar and Suhoor in Abu Dhabi
A fabulous way for Muslims and non-Muslims alike to join in with the Holy Month is attending a traditional Iftar or Suhoor meal. Iftar (breaking of the fast) is served from sundown to around 9:00 PM; Suhoor (the pre-dawn meal) is served after this through until restaurant closing times, sometimes 2-3:00 AM!
Want more on what’s happening in Abu Dhabi?
- Check out our detailed guide to weather in events in Abu Dhabi this April and our complete guide to Abu Dhabi in May.
- Here’s what to expect in Abu Dhabi over the Eid Al Fitr long weekend of celebrations.
- Understanding Prayer Time as a visitor in the United Arab Emirates.
Before you go… Important things to consider planning a trip to Abu Dhabi
- Pop into our essential planning information page, it includes everything you need to know about getting around Abu Dhabi, a handy guide on what to pack as well as top tips for first-timers on the dos and don’ts, laws, and customs in the UAE.
- Find the latest Abu Dhabi COVID-19 Guidance here.
- Don’t forget to pack your travel insurance!
- Discover the best places to stay in Abu Dhabi, or bag a bargain on your accommodation here:
Please note we are not a travel agency. This site is a travel blog to help newcomers to the UAE self plan their trip, we cannot book your flights, hotels, visas or connections for you. We may make a small commission if you click on any of our hotel or tour recommendation links.Abu Dhabi Travel Planner