Well, the old joke goes something like this – ‘I’ve heard that the people in Dubai don’t watch the Flintstones, but the people in Abu Dhabi do,’ and the Flintstones log flume ride at Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi certainly proves that when it comes to having fun, visitors to Abu Dhabi (definitely) do.
Warner Brothers World Abu Dhabi (WB World Abu Dhabi) opened in 2018 and is the region’s largest entirely indoor theme park (it just lost the title as the largest indoor theme park in the world to Chimelong Spaceship, China (1).
The park covers 1.65 million square feet and is split into six different lands or “zones”, which pay homage to a variety of Warner Brothers’ best-loved characters and franchises, including Batman, Scooby Doo, Tom and Jerry and yes, The Flintstones.
The park is set to expand with an exciting new Harry Potter zone, which will be another reason to visit this fun and friendly one-of-a-kind attraction that’s sure to make you smile.
- Where is Warner Brothers World Abu Dhabi, and how can I get there?
- What is there to do at Warner Brothers World Abu Dhabi?
- Where can I eat at Warner Brothers World Abu Dhabi?
- Special Celebrations at Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi
- More Still to Come at Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi
- How much are the tickets for Warner Brothers Abu Dhabi?
- Multi-park theme park tickets for Yas Island
- Opening Hours For Warner Bros World Abu Dhabi
- Warner Bros Abu Dhabi Dress Code
- Where can I stay close to Warner Brothers World Abu Dhabi?
- More About Abu Dhabi’s Yas Island
- Frequently Asked Questions About Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi
Where is Warner Brothers World Abu Dhabi, and how can I get there?
Situated on Yas Island, Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi is just a stone’s throw from Yas Mall, Ferrari World and the Yas Marina Circuit. It is also within walking distance of Yas Waterworld. You are less than a 10-minute drive from Abu Dhabi International Airport (AUH) and about 30 minutes from downtown Abu Dhabi.
- From Abu Dhabi Central Bus Station (Al Wadha bus station), you can take the 102 bus to Yas Island, AED 4, allowing 50 minutes, and you’ll need a Hafilat bus card. Alternatively, a taxi from central Abu Dhabi will cost around AED 60 and takes around 30 minutes.
- Some tour operators do provide packages to Warner Brothers World, which include transport both to and from your hotel. For more information, click here.
What is there to do at Warner Brothers World Abu Dhabi?
The theme park is split into six sections. Each zone includes shops, places to eat and drink and other activities as well as rides.
Rides and Other Attractions
The central plaza area is set up like a town square, with shops and cafes flanking an open space with fountains and stage areas. This forms the heart of the theme park and is where many of the shows happen.
A real highlight is the ‘Magic of Film’ show, which uses video screens, sound effects and light projections to really capture the magic of cinema and features many of Warner Brothers’ most famous films. You can capture the show just before opening time – making it well worth your while to get in before the gates officially open.
Family Friendly Fun
To the right of the plaza are the more child-friendly zones; these are Bedrock, Dynamite Gulch and Cartoon Junction. Here you will find the following rides:
- The Flintstones Bedrock River Adventure – Join Fred and Wilma as they go about their day on this invigorating log-flume ride – a chance you’ll get wet but not drenched!
- Fast and Furry-ous – Dip into canyons and curve around mountains on this exciting roller-coaster.
- The Jetsons Cosmic Orbitor – Take a spin in your very own spacecraft on this family-friendly ride.
- Marvin the Martian Crater Crashers – A cosmic take on bumper cars.
- Tom & Jerry Swiss Cheese Spin – An exhilarating, adrenaline-boosting rollercoaster that sees Tom chasing Jerry!
- Scooby-Doo: The Museum of Mysteries – Join Scooby and the gang as they gather clues in this mysterious family-friendly ride.
- Cartoon Junction Carousel – A gentle ride featuring all of your favourite Loony Toon and Hanna-Barbera characters.
- Daffy Jet-Propelled Pogo Stick – Bounce up and down until you’re dizzy on this vertical jump tower.
- Tweety Wild Wockets – An aerial carousel ride for kids.
- Ani-Mayhem – Scan those bar codes as you whizz through the ACME delivery circuit.
There is also a soft play area at the Acme Factory for toddlers, as well as spiral net climbs, suspended rope bridges, crawl tubes and tunnel mazes for older children.
To the left of the Plaza is the more grown-up superhero zone. The two distinct areas mimic the streets of Gotham City and an area of Metropolis.
Adrenaline Boosting Entertainment at Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi
Most of the bigger, scarier rides are located in the superhero zone. Rides and attractions include:
- The Batman Knight Flight – A high-speed, high-speed ride through the dark skies of Gotham.
- Scarecrow Scare Raid – A swirling corkscrew that twists and turns high above the ground.
- The Riddler Revolution – A rocking, spinning rollercoaster ride.
- The Joker Funhouse – A maze of physical and mental challenges designed by Batman’s nemesis.
- Rogues Gallery Games – Roll up and try your luck at the gallery of fairground games in the heart of Gotham City.
- Justice League: Warworld Attacks – Join Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman and the rest of the crew in a face-off with their greatest enemies on this thrilling and immersive 3D ride.
- Green Lantern: Galactic Odyssey – Hal Jordan leads you to stunning new worlds on this stunning 4D flying theatre experience with a sting in its tail!
- Superman 360: Battle for Metropolis – Take your place at the centre of an epic battle to determine the fate of Metropolis.
- Teen Titans Training Academy – Could you be the world’s next superhero? Make your way along zip coasters, net climbs and rope bridges to find out if you’ve got what it takes.
Shows and Character Meet and Greets
Numerous shows take place throughout the day and there are plenty of chances to meet and greet your favourite characters across the park. Show times change depending on the day and season but are clearly displayed on electronic screens throughout the park.
Photography at WB World Abu Dhabi
There are professional photographers on site to take pictures of you with your favourite characters. These can be purchased at the exit to the park. You are allowed to take your own photos inside the park, but you should avoid taking pictures of people that you don’t know without their consent.
Where can I eat at Warner Brothers World Abu Dhabi?
There are a variety of eateries throughout the park serving everything from fast food to sit-down a la carte dinners.
- Big Belly Burger is a popular choice in the Metropolis area. This outlet specialises in burgers, hotdogs and waffles. There is also a small snack shack in the Metropolis area selling hot and cold drinks, pop corn and ice creams.
- Another fantastic burger option can be found at the Bronto Burger and Ribs restaurant in Bedrock, where the giant ‘Bronco Burger’ is sure to blow you away. Other choices include fried chicken strips and sticky ribs as well as a very tasty falafel burger.
- The Starlight Restaurant in the town square area of the park offers a sophisticated space serving delicious a la carte options with friendly and attentive table service. The menu changes periodically, but main courses have included herb-crusted salmon with puréed spinach and potato gnocchi, lamb chops with potato purée and roasted vegetables and wild mushroom ravioli with asparagus and cheddar cheese.
- La Trattoria, also in the town square offers pizza slices, pasta and salads, whereas the Beverley Hills Boulangerie serves up a variety of sandwiches and delicious cakes and pastries; it’s also the only place in the park where you can find decaffeinated coffee.
In addition to the main restaurants, there are also plenty of places to buy sweets, candy floss, popcorn and ice cream throughout the site.
Special Celebrations at Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi
No season goes without celebration at Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi. There are special events to mark every occasion, from Ramadan to Christmas, Easter to Halloween. If your visit coincides with a special event, it is really worth visiting the theme park for a touch of holiday magic.
In addition to collective annual celebrations, Warner Brothers World can also accommodate birthday parties. These can include appearances from your favourite character. For more information, click here.
More Still to Come at Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi
In 2022, it was announced(2) that Warner Bros World Abu Dhabi would be adding a Harry Potter-themed land to their existing lineup. No dates have been announced as yet, so you’ll need to stay tuned for this exciting development!
NB despite messaging of “opening soon,” we can’t see Harry Potter opening at WB World Abu Dhabi until at least late 2025 – but we’ll keep you posted.
How much are the tickets for Warner Brothers Abu Dhabi?
- Single-day tickets purchased online in advance cost AED 345 for Adults
- AED 250 for Juniors (Anyone under 1.1m in height, excluding children under three who are admitted for free)
- Adult tickets bought at the gate cost 10% more – so it is well worth purchasing your tickets ahead of time, and you’ll get to skip the queues.
Multi-park theme park tickets for Yas Island
Multi-day tickets can also be purchased, combining entry to WB World with either Yas Waterworld, SeaWorld Yas Island or Ferrari World. You have 14 days to use the multip-park passes for Yas Island.
Presently (as of October 2023), the online price for the Yas theme parks is:
- 1 park from AED 345
- 2 parks from AED 475
- 3 parks from AED 575
- 4 parks from AED 675
Note you pay 10% more for buying tickets at the gate; it’s always best to purchase online in advance. Multi-day Yas theme park tickets are valid for 14 days. These can be purchased from any of the theme park websites or we recommend reputable local ticketing agent Platinumlist.
Annual passes are also available for people staying in Abu Dhabi long term, with prices starting at AED 1295 per year (though do look out for Ramadan and Eid special offers!)
See these ticket deals on Viator (a TripAdvisor company with licensed ticket resellers); when transfers are also thrown in, this can often work out cheaper than buying through the venue, but do check!
- Another option to consider is using the Go City Explorer Pass. This multi-attraction pass includes all 4 of the Yas theme parks, which you could use as part of a 3, 4, 5 or 7-day pass for Dubai and Abu Dhabi attractions.
Accessibility at Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi
Warner Bros World Abu Dhabi is accessible to people with mobility problems and other disabilities. There are accessible toilets and ramps throughout the park.
Some rides and experiences are not suitable for people with specific medical problems or for expectant mothers. Information about ride accessibility is available both in the park and on the Warner Brothers World Abu Dhabi website.
Opening Hours For Warner Bros World Abu Dhabi
- The park is open from 11:00 am daily.
- Closing times vary depending on local holidays, but you can normally expect the park to stay open until 7:00 pm on weekdays and 8:00 pm at weekends.
- Hours may change during the Holy Month of Ramadan
Warner Bros Abu Dhabi Dress Code
Unlike other religious and political buildings in Abu Dhabi, where a strict dress code is enforced, theme parks are almost anything goes – within moderation! Always keep the Abu Dhabi dress code in mind when it comes to anything overtly showing too much skin.
- We would suggest comfortably dressing in jeans/trousers and t-shirts or respectable-length shorts and t-shirts. None of the rides are overly strenuous, and whilst there is one water ride, you’d be unlucky to get totally drenched – all the water action is saved for next door at Yas Waterworld.
- We’ve never noticed the air conditioning being particularly fierce (as it can be in some Abu Dhabi indoor venues), but you wouldn’t be out of place with some sort of cardigan or pullover.
- Always wear comfortable theme park footwear, as there’s a lot of walking; even indoors, you’ll get those steps! You can wear sandals/flip-flops but will be asked to remove such footwear on some rides; you are better off with trainers for all-day comfort. You’ll need closed-toe shoes on if you’re looking to undertake Teen Titans (which includes climbing and ropes).
- If kids want to dress up in their favourite characters’ costumes, that’s fine. In fact on some special days they even give away free superhero capes for the kiddos.
- We would avoid too much dangling jewellery and accessories as there will be many rides you’ll be asked to remove these. Ladies’ abayas are fine, but you’ll be asked to secure them on some rides.
Where can I stay close to Warner Brothers World Abu Dhabi?
The closest hotels are The WB Hotel, Curio Collection By Hilton and the DoubleTree by Hilton Residences, both within walking distance of the park. The WB Hotel is the world’s first Warner Brothers-themed hotel where you can get the full character experience.
Rooms are decorated with a Warner Brothers twist, and Bugs Bunny and other Looney Tune favourites will join you for breakfast, lunch and dinner in the Sidekicks Restaurant. There is a large outdoor pool terrace, open-air cinema, a fitness centre, and a spa.
There is also an adults-only rooftop pool and bar area, perfect for when you’ve dropped off the kids at the amazing kids’ club, which offers indoor and outdoor activities, a games hub, a dive-in theatre and a splash pad for the little ones.
Staying anywhere on Yas Island is convenient for the trio of theme parks, and many hotels on Yas Island have deals which include theme park tickets, so it’s well worth comparing deals and inclusions.
More About Abu Dhabi’s Yas Island
WB World is one of three mega theme parks located on Yas Island, Abu Dhabi (soon to be four!)
We’re sure that you’ll have a great time at Warner Brother’s Abu Dhabi, but you may want to consider combining your time on Yas Island with one of the other exciting theme parks or entertainment venues. Why not also try:
- Yas Waterworld – The region’s leading water park with a traditional Emirati theme.
- Ferrari World – Home to the fastest roller-coaster in the world and several other thrilling adrenaline rides and activities
- SeaWorld Abu Dhabi joined the theme park line up in May 2023.
- CLYMB Abu Dhabi – A huge indoor climbing experience, home to the world’s tallest indoor rock climbing wall and the highest indoor sky diving chamber.
- Yas Bay and The Etihad Arena – A new entertainment and dining zone featuring both high-end and casual dining options, plush lounges and a beach club.
- Yas Marina Circuit – Petrol heads can helmet up and drive around the circuit, or runners and cyclists can enjoy open track nights around the Grand Prix track throughout the year.
- Yas Mall – A huge shopping centre featuring hundreds of international brands and various indoor and outdoor eating options, a cinema, soft play and amusement areas for children and an edutainment venue, Kidzania.
- Yas Links Golf Club – Perfect for a few early morning rounds or breakfast on the tranquil terrace at Hickory’s restaurant.
- Yas Beach – A private beach with bars, restaurants, a pool, and access to the sea. To learn more about beach clubs in Abu Dhabi, click here.
Undoubtedly this is one of the world’s leading theme parks, and being entirely indoors, whether it’s a hot or rainy day in Abu Dhabi, its a fabulous family attraction that can be enjoyed year-round.
Frequently Asked Questions About Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi
If this is your first visit and you’re keen to try every ride and attraction and enjoy multiple shows, you could easily spend the whole day in Warner Bros Abu Dhabi – 8 to 9 hours.
If you are lucky to visit off-peak when there are no crowds and no queues (try a weekday in school term time – almost guaranteed crowd free most of the day), then you could sufficiently cover everything in 4-5 hours with rest breaks.
We would allow around 6 hours as a little bit of queuing is to be expected.
Yes, the entirely indoor theme park can be explored fully in a whole day. The park opens at 11:00 am daily; if you want to try every ride and attraction you could comfortably complete this in 6 to 8 hours (on weekends and public holidays, you may experience queuing)
Theoretically, yes, though you may have to skip some rides or attractions. For first-timers, we believe each park deserves a separate day, but for repeat visitors or those on a tight timeline, you could easily see two in one day if you plan your time strategically and just want a taster of each theme park’s highlights.
The entirety of Warner Bros World Abu Dhabi is indoors. You’ll only be outside walking from your transportation into the building.
At this stage, only the concept has been announced. The construction timeline and opening date are yet to be publicly revealed, so you’ll need to stay tuned for further developments!
Yes, the “Flash Pass” can be purchased separately from your ticket, which gives you priority queuing at many rides. The Flash pass is an extra AED 150 low season, 250 AED in the high season.
We would recommend seeing how busy the park is before purchasing a Flash Pass. Early birds can often enjoy queue-free rides for the first couple of hours until it gets busy. If you visit mid-week during local school term times or the peak of summer when a lot of expats are away, you may not need the Flash Pass.
Super cheap deals on Yas Theme Park tickets are hard, if not impossible, to come by.
Generally speaking, the theme parks themselves offer the best-value tickets. Look out for Ramadan and Eid sales, such as 4-for-3 ticket deals or combined tickets with other attractions.
Ticket reseller Klook sometimes has better pricing than the theme parks.
Pricing and attraction information in this guide last updated March 2023 – please refer to the Warner Bros. Website for latest ticketing information and any changes to their regular rides or opening hours.
Before you go… Important things to consider when planning a trip to Abu Dhabi
- Pop into our essential planning information page; it includes everything you need to know about getting around Abu Dhabi, a handy guide on what to pack and top tips for first-timers on the dos and don’ts, laws, and customs in the UAE.
- Don’t forget to pack your travel insurance!
- Discover the best places to stay in Abu Dhabi, or bag a bargain on your accommodation here:
Please note we are not a travel agency. This site is a travel blog to help newcomers to the UAE self plan their trip, we cannot book your flights, hotels, visas or connections for you. We may make a small commission if you click on any of our hotel or tour recommendation links.Abu Dhabi Travel Planner