If you’re looking for some luxurious fun in the sun, then Abu Dhabi has you well looked after, with 30+ beach clubs and pool resorts across the city.
In this post, we’re going to take you through our 15 Abu Dhabi Beach Club favourites.
Most of Abu Dhabi’s glorious beach clubs are connected to luxury resort hotels, but there are a number of stand-alone beach club facilities, too, ranging from luxury beach loungers with refreshment services through to full club facilities. including swimming pools, Jacuzzis, and gyms.
Day passes vary greatly in price, and often it can be cheaper to sign up for an overnight package for the best value. Beach club passes in Abu Dhabi are usually significantly more on weekends (Friday and Saturday) than on weekdays, so nab yourself a bargain by coming mid-week or join the party crowd on the weekend.
Another option if you are longer-term in Abu Dhabi is to nab yourself a Privilee Membership which grants you multiple access to many of the city’s best beach clubs (and in Dubai too), plus discounts on food and beverages. We highlight below those clubs that participate in Privilee.
Prices have been updated to the best of our knowledge for winter 2022/23. They should all include VAT, & tourism taxes where applicable. Note that COVID-19 precautionary measures have now been removed, and you will no longer require Al Hosn to enter the below-mentioned venues.
The 15 Best Beach Clubs in Abu Dhabi to try
- The 15 Best Beach Clubs in Abu Dhabi to try
- 1. Saadiyat Beach Club
- 2. Nation Riviera Beach Club
- 3. Yas Beach
- 4. Bayshore Beach Club
- 5. Zaya Nurai Island
- 6. West Bay Beach Club
- 7. Emirates Palace Beach Club
- 8. Shangri-La Beach Club
- 9. Fairmont Bab al Bahr
- 10. Conrad Abu Dhabi Etihad Towers
- 11. Eden Health Club and Spa – Le Meridien
- 12. Cove Beach Abu Dhabi (Temporarily Closed)
- 13. Soul Beach
- 14. Kai Beach
- 15. Al Maya Island
1. Saadiyat Beach Club
From the breathtaking infinity pool to the stunning cabanas, enjoy the best of Saadiyat Island’s remote luxury without the price tag attached to most of the island’s luxury hotels.
Saadiyat Beach Club is a full-service club with spa and gym facilities, all-day dining restaurant Safina, intimate evening dining at the intimate La Salle, and casual dining at Cabana 9.
Beach open hours: 8:00 am to sunset
Day Rates (as at October 2022)
- Single: 250 AED during the week and 375 AED at weekends
- Couple: 350 AED during the week and 525 AED at weekends
- Junior (7 – 17 years old): 100 AED during the week and 150 AED at weekends
- Under 6-years-old FREE
- Monday Ladies Day: 120 AED
- Tuesday ladies Day: 199 AED
- Weekend Brunch & Day Pass: Starting from 499 AED
Spa & Treatments at Saadiyat Beach Club
1847 for Men is the regions leading Executive Grooming Lounge for men.
Learn more at saadiytabeachclub.ae or call +971 56 219 2699
2. Nation Riviera Beach Club
Sitting along the city’s Corniche beachfront, Nation Riviera occupies its own 200m stretch of private beach. With a distinctively Mediterranean feel, it is part of the 5* St. Regis Abu Dhabi hotel in Nation Towers, attached via a luxurious underground tunnel to take you safely under the Corniche Road.
As well as offering a sensational temperature-controlled pool flanked by sunbeds and cabanas, an outdoor jacuzzi and a toddler pool with a water slide connected to Treasure Island kids club.
The club also has a gym and steam room facilities in the clubhouse, with beachfront drinks and dining provided at Cabana Beach Bar & Grill. Those who love a swim-up bar will also be well looked after!
- Pool open hours: 8:00 am to 8:00 pm
- Kids Pool: 9:00 am to 6:00 pm
- Beach open hours: 8:00 am to sunset
- Gym open hours: 6:00 am to 10:00 pm
Nation Riviera Day Rates (as at 2022)
Weekday / Weekend (Friday-Saturday)
- Single: 160 AED / 230 AED
- Couple: 265 AED / 345 AED
- Family: (2 adults, 2 children) 370 AED / 465 AED
- Additional child (4 to 16 years): 75 AED / 75 AED
- Under 4 years old FREE
- 2-person Private Cabanas: Hotel Guest/Members 420 AED, non-member 630 AED
NB Day Passes exclude use of Gym & Kids Club.
Privilee: Day rate passes and Privilee access are only available on weekdays (Monday through Thursday), and weekends are reserved exclusively for hotel guests at The St Regis Abu Dhabi. Free access for up to 3 children 4 to 16 years.
Learn more at nationrivierabeachclub.com or call +971 2 694 4780
3. Yas Beach
Located on the soft white sands of Yas Island, Yas Beach offers stunning mangrove views in a hip and relaxed beachfront setting with water sports on offer, dining options, and simple relaxation. There is also a family swimming pool flanked by cabanas on offer, along with five luxurious beachfront chalets for rent if you like a cool escape during your day at the beach.
Yas Beach Club is equally popular with the family crowd as it is with singles and couples, though weekends at the infinity pool are reserved for adults only.
There’s plenty on offer nearby for water sports lovers, from kayaking to windsurfing, sailing, paddle boarding, and great beach volleyball facilities. Meanwhile, kids can enjoy an activity centre and a kids’ splash pool.
The grown-ups are well taken care of in the refreshments department with The Hops Bar, Tiki Bar, Mixed Drinks Bar, and The Lounge – all open from morning to the early hours who want to kick on from their day at the beach well into the evening.
Yas Beach Day Rates (as at October 2022)
- Weekday Pass: 60 AED
- Weekend Pass:120 AED
- Free for children under 12 years of age with a parent
NB Sun loungers and parasols are subject to availability. Guests staying at Yas Island Hotels have free access and free lockers with a hotel voucher.
Yas Beach Cabana & Chalet Charges
- Beach Cabana Weekdays: 210 AED (incl. 2 entrance fees)
- Beach Cabana Weekends: 420 AED (incl. 2 entrance fees)
- Beach Double Beds Weekdays: 55 AED
- Beach Double Beds Weekends: 50 AED
- Pool Double Beds Weekdays: 100 AED
- Pool Double Beds Weekends: 120 AED
- Pool Cabana Weekdays: 420 AED (incl. 2 entrance fees)
- Pool Cabana Weekends: 630 AED (incl. 2 entrance fees)
- Chalet Weekdays: 550 AED (incl. 2 entrance fees)
- Chalet Weekends: 900 AED (incl. 2 entrance fees)
Learn more at yasbeach.ae or call +971 2 565 1100
4. Bayshore Beach Club
This Al Bateen beachfront has become somewhat overlooked in recent years as flashy alternatives open nearby and on Saadiyat Island, but it is still very worthy of a mention as a great all-rounder beach club with a superbly relaxed setting in one of Abu Dhabi’s classic hotels, the InterContinental Abu Dhabi.
The main features include a 300m long sand beach, infinity pool with swim-up bar, children’s pool with spa, and jacuzzi & spa in a wonderful garden setting.
Those who love activities at your beach club won’t be disappointed with an extensive offering from a fully equipped gym with cardio and weight range to squash and tennis courts.
Bayshore Beach Club Day Rates (as at October 2022)
- Weekday adults: 79 AED
- Weekday Couples: 129 AED
- Weekend Adults: 129 AED
- Weekend Couples: 199 AED
- Kids/ Nanny Weekday: 49 AED
- Kids/Nanny Weekend: 59 AED
- Ladies Day Thursday: 49 AED or 79 AED with 50 AED to spend on F&B
Privilee: Free access for up to 3 children between 3 to 16 years old.
Learn more at abudhabi.intercontinental.com/the-bayshore-offers or call +971 2 697 2317
5. Zaya Nurai Island
For a truly exclusive treat in Abu Dhabi, you need to get yourself across to Zaya Nurai Island.
A 10-minute boat ride from Mina Port will get you to Abu Dhabi’s most exclusive resort address. Day passes are possible, as well as overnight stays in the exclusive beach resort, sitting in glistening white sand and surrounded by the Arabian Gulf’s azure waters.
There’s a large range of sports and activities, from snorkelling and paddle boats to sea kayaks. On the beach enjoy volleyball, table tennis, Badminton and football.
For kids, there’s the Petit Z kids club with a packed schedule 9:00 am to 8:00 pm daily, along with a cool little kids water playground, with water slides, splash bucket and splash pool.
Zaya Nurai Day Pass Rates (as at October 2022)
- Day rates including transfers 750 AED (550 AED redeemable on F&B)
- Friday Brunch Soft 450 AED (non-alcoholic)
- Friday Brunch Standard 550 AED (alcoholic)
- Friday Brunch Champagne 750 AED (alcoholic + bubbles)
- Kids aged 3 and below are free of charge.
- Kids aged 4-12 225 AED
Visitors must embark from the Zaya Narui Welcome Centre, arriving 15 minutes before the hourly boat transfers to the island. A negative PCR test within 30 days is necessary for guests over the age of 16.
Learn more at zayanuraiisland.com or call +971 2 506 6222
6. West Bay Beach Club
Located at the western end of the Corniche, just before the marina Breakwater, you will find the extensive facilities of West Bay Beach Club (attached to the Radisson Blu Hotel, formally known as the Hiltonia, then the Blu Beach Club, then the Cover at West Bay – we think the name has settled as at September 2021!).
One of Abu Dhabi’s original hotel beach clubs dating back decades, it’s had many facelifts over the years! West Bay brings with it a fun new vibe from the beach resort to the spa, fitness club, and water sports, alongside Mediterranean dining.
This giant beach club is spread over 12,000 sq feet of lush grounds; expect a wave pool, water slides, kids and adult pools, a swim-up bar, play areas, and plenty of activities going on. Weekends include a relaxed beach brunch.
Please note that the kids’ pool is currently (October 2022) closed for maintenance.
Day rates (as at October 2022)
- Day pass for ladies: weekdays & weekends 150 AED (with 100 AED F&B voucher)
- Day pass for gents: weekdays 200 AED (with 100 AED F&B voucher) and weekends 200 AED (with 100 AED F&B voucher)
Privilee: Free access for up to 3 children aged 5 to 17 years, free access to the Kids Club.
Learn more at westbayabudhabi.com or call +971 2 692 4375
7. Emirates Palace Beach Club
One of Abu Dhabi’s most luxurious beachfront settings, Emirates Palace enjoys its own stunning 1.3km long beachfront, two fitness centres, two lavish resort pools, tennis and padel courts along with a water sports centre, or you can make use of their complimentary bikes to enjoy the 6km+ of internal bike tracks.
This is one of the most incredible beach resorts in Abu Dhabi, and we’d argue in the world! It’s certainly worth the splurge if your budget will permit; you won’t regret it!
Emirates Palace Week Day Rates (as at October 2022)
- Adults: 400 AED (200 AED in F&B credit)
- Kids (4 to 17): 200 AED (100 AED in F&B credits)
- 3 and under FREE
- Family group discounts are available
- Adults: 450 AED
- Kids (4 to 17): 250 AED
- 3 and under FREE
- Family group discounts are available
Learn more at mandarinoriental.com or call +971 2 690 7311
8. Shangri-La Beach Club
One of the smaller and lesser-known beach clubs of Abu Dhabi, but also, for this reason, one of the more peaceful. The small beach frontage at the Shangri-La Qayrat al Beri overlooks the Grand Canal and the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque, providing one of the city’s best sunset views. Sadly, development in front of the mosque has obscured the view slightly, but it’s still a wonderful place to spend a lazy day at the beach.
There’s also an infinity pool to enjoy, the Spa CHI and plenty of spots to grab a drink or a bite – with deals inclusive of Food and Beverage vouchers.
- Outdoor Pool: 8:00 am to 7:00 pm
- Children’s Pool: 8:00 am to 7:00 pm
- Lap Pool: 8:00 am to 7:00 pm
- Sauna: 6:00 am to 11:00 pm
- Spa: 10:00 am to midnight
Shangri La Day Rates (as at October 2022)
- Every day 195 AED per adult (170 AED redeemable on F&B)
- Children 100 AED (fully redeemable on F&B)
Learn more at Shangri-La.com or call +971 2 509 8555
9. Fairmont Bab al Bahr
Whilst the beach frontage at the Fairmont Bab al Bahr isn’t huge, it does provide one of the city’s longest temperature-controlled swimming pools. Flanked by cabanas, sunbeds, and palm trees, there’s plenty of room for relaxation, along with a kid’s splash pool and jacuzzi.
Look out for their 36-hour weekend packages, including brunch, stay and complete use of all the hotel’s pool and beach club facilities.
Beach open hours: 9:00 am to sunset.
Fairmont Day Rates (as at October 2022)
- Weekdays 149AED (100 AED redeemable on F&B)
- Children below 12 enjoy free access with an adult
- Weekends 199 AED (100 AED redeemable on F&B)
Privilee: Free access for up to 3 children aged 5 to 17 years.
Learn more at Fairmont.com or call +971 2 654 3160
10. Conrad Abu Dhabi Etihad Towers
This is a real surprise packet sitting in the Al Ras al Akhdar corner of the city, across the road from Emirates Palace. Formerly known as Jumeirah at Etihad Towers, same deal, different name.
The Conrad Daycation Packages offer outside guests complete access to their beach frontage looking towards Al Bateen as well as access to their three hotel pools.
Another way to enjoy the pool and beach here is to join the popular Saturday brunch at Nahaam.
- Weekdays: 9:00 am to 7:30 pm
- Weekends: 8:00 am to 7:30 pm
Conrad Day rates (TBC for 2022/23)
These rates include access to a deluxe room for day use:
- Weekdays 350 AED for two adults
- Weekends 450 AED for two adults
- Children 12 to 16 years old 75 AED
- Children 4 to 11 years 50 AED
- Children 3 and under FREE
Learn more at hilton.com or call +971 2 811 5888
Looking for the best beach clubs in Dubai? Pop over to this article.
11. Eden Health Club and Spa – Le Meridien
This oldie but a goldie in al Zahiyah (Tourist Club Area) of Abu Dhabi has been a stalwart of entertainment and relaxation in the city for decades. The hotel itself, Le Meridien Abu Dhabi, has recently gone through some major upgrade work, and the leisure club continues to deliver as one of the best value options in the city.
The health club facilities include Hamman pools, aquamedics pool, tennis, squash and volleyball courts, a fitness centre, a private beach and a pool.
It is certainly not as fancy and modern as most we have listed here, but Eden Health Club and Spa does provide patrons with the perfect place for a wonderful urban oasis at a very affordable rate.
Le Meridien Day Rates (as at October 2022)
- Day pass weekdays: 90AED (with 50 AED redeemable on F&B).
- Day pass weekends: 150AED (with 50 AED redeemable on F&B).
- Child pass weekdays: 50 AED
- Child pass weekends: 70 AED
- Day access with room: 315AED (with 150 back on F&B) TBC for 2022.
- Weekly pass deals are also available.
Learn more at marriott.com or call +971 2 644 6666
12. Cove Beach Abu Dhabi (Temporarily Closed)
One of the newer kids on the block, Cove Beach at Makers District on Reem Island, is making a name for itself as one of the hottest places to be seen with a small beach, infinity pool and cityscape views of Reem island.
Open Daily 11:00 am to sunset (restaurant and lounge open until late)
Cove Beach Day Rates [CLOSED AT OCTOBER 2022]
- Weekdays: 200 AED (fully redeemable F&B)
- Weekends 300 AED (fully redeemable F&B)
Learn more at covebeachabudhabi.com or +971 56 398 7895
13. Soul Beach
Affiliated to Saadiyat Beach Club, Soul beach really falls into the ‘public beach’ category. There is no pool, and the facilities are somewhat limited, but its prime location makes it well worth including on this list.
Situated within the new Mamsha Al Saadiyat community, at the heart of Saadiyat Island’s cultural district, Soul Beach is a wonderfully pristine 1km stretch of white sandy beach offering uninterrupted views of the Arabian Gulf.
Soul Beach includes a lifeguard patrolled 400m strip of swimming beach as well as 400 parasol-covered sunbeds. Refreshments are available to order by Whatsapp and are delivered to your sunbed by golf buggy.
Note that you need your own towel and toiletries for the showers. The beach is open from 7:00 am until sunset.
Soul Beach Day Rates (as at October 2022)
- Weekdays Adults: 50 AED
- Weekdays Child: 25 AED
- Weekends Adults: 75 AED
- Weekends Child: 40 AED
14. Kai Beach
Also affiliated with Saadiyat Beach Club is the newly opened Kai Beach. ‘Barefoot Luxury’ is the advertising tagline for this beach, and boy, does it deliver!
The elegant parasols and driftwood furniture give the beach a bohemian feel, whilst its slightly more secluded location offers you the chance to be just that bit closer to nature.
There are sun beds and umbrellas, toilets, showers and changing rooms accessible via boardwalks behind the dunes at the top of the beach. The MLT food truck offers delicious bites as well as a variety of beverages, including alcohol. Shisha is also available and can be ordered to your sun bed.
Open 7:00 am until sunset.
Kai Beach Day Rates (as at October 2022)
- Weekdays Adults: 85 AED
- Weekdays Child (6-12 years): 40 AED
- Weekends Adult: 105 AED
- Weekends Child: 60 AED
- Under 6: Complimentary entry
Learn more at kaibeachsaadiyat.com.
15. Al Maya Island
Another hidden island beach getaway, Al Maya is where you go to relax during the week and party at the weekend!
A 10-minute boat trip takes you to the chilled-out island resort. Live entertainment, DJs and pool parties make Al Maya stand out for fun-loving crowds, especially on Saturdays, which are strictly for people aged 21 and over.
During the week, however, the island makes for a great place for families to pass their time. Most visitors to the island book a day pass, but it is possible to stay overnight. See our complete guide to Al Maya Island over here.
Al Maya Island Day Pass Rates (as at October 2022)
- Maya Saturdays (Live DJ) Day Pass: 250 AED (100 AED redeemable on F&B)
- Sunday Adult: 250 AED (100 redeemable on F&B)
- Sunday Child: Complimentary for children under 6. Children aged 6-12 pay 100 AED with 50 AED redeemable on F&B.
- Weekday Adult: 200 AED (fully redeemable on F&B)
- Weekday Child: Complimentary entry for two children up to the age of 18 with a full fee-paying couple, additional children 50 AED.
Learn more at almayauae.com or call +971 2667 7777
Abu Dhabi in the United Arab Emirates is renowned for providing some of the world’s most pristine city beach frontages. Our selection of Abu Dhabi’s best beach clubs includes casual and luxurious offerings along the natural shoreline of Saadiyat Beach facing the Arabian Gulf, along with many of the city’s man-made beach fronts offering fun and relaxing.
If you’d like to know more about Abu Dhabi’s public beaches, click over here.
Before you go… Important things to consider planning a trip to Abu Dhabi
- Pop into our essential planning information page, it includes everything you need to know about getting around Abu Dhabi, a handy guide on what to pack as well as top tips for first-timers on the dos and don’ts, laws, and customs in the UAE.
- Check the most up-to-date COVID entry rules for Abu Dhabi.
- Don’t forget to pack your travel insurance!
- Discover the best places to stay in Abu Dhabi, or bag a bargain on your accommodation here:
Take me back to the Abu Dhabi Travel Blog
Please note we are not a travel agency. This site is a travel blog to help newcomers to the UAE self plan their trip, we cannot book your flights, hotels, visas or connections for you. We may make a small commission if you click on any of our hotel or tour recommendation links.Abu Dhabi Travel Planner