Joining the stellar lineup of amusement parks on Yas Island, SeaWorld Abu Dhabi is expected to open in early 2023 TBC!
The project by Miral, in partnership with SeaWorld® Parks & Entertainment, commenced in 2016 and has taken the best part of the last six years to come to fruition; here’s what we know so far about this new mega project on Abu Dhabi’s Yas Island.
- The 2-million-square-foot indoor theme park will be spread over 5 levels and become home to 68,000 marine creatures.
- The theme park will include six unique “realms”, simulating the natural habitat of different marine species. Guests will explore these underwater environments with immersive storytelling and cutting-edge technology.
Sea World Abu Dhabi will become home to the world’s largest Aquarium
- In true UAE style, everything is bigger and better. The new marine park on Abu Dhabi’s Yas Island will house the largest and most expansive marine aquarium in the world, with 25 million litres of water.
- The central point of the aquarium will be a 20-metre tall vertical window, “Endless Ocean” set out across multiple levels.
Yas SeaWorld Research and Rescue Center
- The Yas SeaWorld Research and Rescue Center will be located adjacent to the aquarium and theme park. In partnership with SeaWorld, it will be the first of its kind in the UAE, dedicate to marine research, rescue and rehabilitation of marine creatures.
- Research by the center will focus on Gulf indigenous species including the dugongs and sea turtles, while contributing to the regional and global science community.
- Animals that will appear at SeaWorld Abu Dhabi will be cared for by an expert team of zoologists and marine specialists passionate about welfare. All animals will be carefully vetted from approved sources with the highest level of sustainability and animal welfare as number one priority.
What will SeaWorld Abu Dhabi Cost?
We expect, once open, that SeaWorld will join with the Yas theme parks in offering annual passes and multi-park passes for vistiors.
Pricing has yet to be revealed but we suspect in line with other parks on Yas, the starting price will be around 250-295 AED per person (for over 3’s) – that’s about $68 to $85 USD. This is only a guess!
When will SeaWorld Abu Dhabi open?
As at August 2021, the Yas SeaWorld Research and Rescue Centre was reported to be 64% complete. We await news of a final opening date and a sneak peek inside to share with you!
More Marine Life in Abu Dhabi
Can’t wait for SeaWorld to open in Abu Dhabi to get your marine life fix in the UAE? You may also be interested to learn more at:
- Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo – located inside Dubai Mall
- The National Aquarium – another new Abu Dhabi addition opened in the Al Qana Complex in Abu Dhabi in 2021.
- Comparison of the best aquariums in Dubai and the UAE
- Outdoors, come and experience the mangrove life in Abu Dhabi at two locations: The boardwalks of Jubail Mangrove Park or grab a kayak to explore Eastern Mangroves National Park.
More Theme Parks on Yas Island
Yas Island Abu Dhabi is already home to three award-winning theme parks:
You can read our complete guide of things to do on Yas Island here.
Before you go… Important things to consider planning a trip to Abu Dhabi
- Pop into our essential planning information page, it includes everything you need to know about getting around Abu Dhabi, a handy guide on what to pack as well as top tips for first-timers on the dos and don’ts, laws, and customs in the UAE.
- Check the most up-to-date COVID entry rules for Abu Dhabi.
- Don’t forget to pack your travel insurance!
- Discover the best places to stay in Abu Dhabi, or bag a bargain on your accommodation here:
Take me back to the Abu Dhabi Travel Blog
Please note we are not a travel agency. This site is a travel blog to help newcomers to the UAE self plan their trip, we cannot book your flights, hotels, visas or connections for you. We may make a small commission if you click on any of our hotel or tour recommendation links.Abu Dhabi Travel Planner