The Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque re-opened to the public on 4 October 2020
There are post-COVID restrictions in place to ensure the safety and wellbeing of staff, worshippers and visitors to the Grand Mosque.
Here are the changes that visitors need to be aware of if they are now planning to visit the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque:
- Limited capacity inside all Abu Dhabi cultural landmarks
- Thermal cameras will be in place
- Social distancing must be maintained throughout
- Face masks must be worn
- Visitor times will be limited and visitors should use the online booking platform (found here).
- Guided tours are currently suspended
- A guided safe route will be marked
Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque Timing
- Saturdays to Thursdays 9:00 AM to 10:00 PM (Last entry 9:30 PM)
- Friday’s 4:30 PM to 10:00 PM
Worshippers only are permitted on a Friday morning.
Founders Memorial Abu Dhabi
The Founder’s Memorial (found adjacent to Emirates Palace at the end of the Corniche), a tribute to the late His Highness Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan, also reopened on Sunday 4 October 2020. It is open daily 9:00 AM to 10:00 PM.
- Onling booking is also neccessary for this attraction – find details here.
You can find our complete guide to Abu Dhabi’s cultural attractions here.