With tourism slowly but surely returning to Abu Dhabi in late 2020 – predominantly aimed at the domestic market given the ongoing 14-day self-quarantine requirement for overseas travellers – there’s never been a better time to visit the Louvre Abu Dhabi museum and take a step back into Abu Dhabi’s history at Qasr al Hosn.
Understanding times are still incredibly tough for a lot of the community, Louvre Abu Dhabi is giving frontline heroes, taxi drivers and hoteliers FREE ENTRY to the museum – on top of their revised policy since June of admitting kids under 18 complimentary with a paying adult.
Here’s how the free entry into the Louvre Abu Dhabi and Qasr Al Hosn works:
Rules and conditions for free entry to Louvre Abu Dhabi & Qasr Al Hosn
- Frontline Heroes and up to three guests per person will be granted free access to Qasr Al Hosn and Louvre Abu Dhabi for a period of six months (21 October 2020 until 20 April 2021)
- “Frontline heroes” include medical and non-medical staff in healthcare facilities (doctors, nurses, pharmacists, housekeeping, porters etc.), as well as those working in prevention and protection (crisis management, security and emergency services, sterilisation, volunteering, etc.).
- To avail complimentary entry to Louvre Abu Dhabi and Qasr Al Hosn, frontline heroes must pre-book their tickets online and present their Emirates ID upon arrival.
- People working on the frontline supporting the UAE’s response to COVID-19 should check with their employers to confirm that they are registered with the Frontline Heroes Office.
- Free entry for all UAE TAXI DRIVERS with three complimentary tickets for friends and family to Louvre Abu Dhabi. This offer is valid until 31 December 2020.
- Free entry for all HOTELIERS in the UAE along with one complimentary ticket for friends and family to Louvre Abu Dhabi. This offer is valid until 30 November 2020.
- Offer redemption is only at the museum upon presentation of a valid employee ID at the ticketing desk. If the ID does not have a staff picture, a supporting document that includes a picture must be presented (e.g. Emirates ID or driving license)
These offers cannot be combined with any other offer.
Not in one of these eligible categories for free entry?
Not to worry, entry to these major Abu Dhabi attractions is still quite affordable.
- Standard entry to Louvre Abu Dhabi 63 AED
- Standard entry to Qasr Al Hosn 31.50 AED
- Under 18’s and People of Determination FREE
Due to current COVID-19 restrictions, all tickets must currently be booked in advance online. Maximum of 4 visitors per group.
Opening hours for Louvre Abu Dhabi
- Open Daily (except Monday): 10:00 AM to 6:30 PM
- Note the museum is closed on Monday.
- Last entry is at 5:30 PM; visitors must depart at 6:30 PM
Opening hours for Qasr al Hosn
- Saturday to Thursday 10:00 AM to 7:00 PM
- Friday 2:00 PM to 7:00 PM
For more information, please visit www.louvreabudhabi.ae.
Qasr Al Hosn, 360-degree virtual tours must be pre-booked online or by calling 026976400. For more information, please visit www.qasralhosn.ae