After a successful run in Dubai in Dubai’s Festival City in 2022, the incredible travelling water circus Fontana has announced its Abu Dhabi debut for 2023!
Presented by the Lebanese troupe Cirque Du Liban, Fontana brings together amazing aerialists, thrilling tricks, dancers and the centrepiece Dancing Musical Fountain to deliver a breathtaking aquatic masterpiece in live entertainment.
The Abu Dhabi run has been announced from 18 April to 2 July 2023. Performances will be daily, except for Mondays and Tuesdays.
- For the first few days at the end of Ramadan, one show at 9:00 PM
- Over Eid, three daily shows, 4:00 PM, 7:00 PM & 9:30 PM
- Thereafter, Wednesdays 9:00 PM, Thursdays to Sundays 4:00 PM and 7:00 PM
What To Expect at a Fontana Show
A 2-hour spectacular taking place under a traditional circus Big Top tent, there’s something all the family will enjoy with the water stage taking centre stage. There’s more to it, though, with clever clowns, dare-devil motorcycle tricks, Flamenco Dancers and unbelievable acrobatics.
Vibrant, loud, and colourful, you’re in for a breathtaking and entertaining evening of fun.
How Much Does Fontana Cost?
Tickets will start from AED 90 for slightly restricted view Green seats through to AED 300 for Gold premium seats.
Note that doors open 1 hour beforehand, the Bowl opens 30 minutes before. A refreshments stall can be found within the circus tent.
Dining and Entertainment Before Your Fontana Show
Found outside of Abu Dhabi’s Marina Mall, you’ll find several fast food outlets in the mall and family restaurants such as Vapiano (Italian eatery), Villa Beirut (Lebanese), Chilis and Galito’s.
The nearest place to stay is Rixos Marina Abu Dhabi if you want to make a complete night way, or you’re not far from the luxury resorts such as Emirates Place and The St Regis Abu Dhabi that line the Corniche.
Other key facts you’ll want to know about Fontana
- The minimum age to attend is 2 years+ (we did see babies attending at the Dubai show, but be wanted, many acts are LOUD and bright flashing lights, it may be a little scary for youngsters)
- No cameras or filming permitted during the show
- Only food purchased at the concessions can be brought into the Grandstand.
- The Big Top is airconditioned to a comfortable temperature, but knowing Abu Dhabi, bring a shawl or cardigan to wrap up if it gets too chilly inside
Images supplied by HAT entertainment. We received complimentary media access to the Dubai show for the purposes of a review.
Before you go… Important things to consider planning a trip to Abu Dhabi
- Pop into our essential planning information page, it includes everything you need to know about getting around Abu Dhabi, a handy guide on what to pack as well as top tips for first-timers on the dos and don’ts, laws, and customs in the UAE.
- Check the most up-to-date COVID entry rules for Abu Dhabi.
- Don’t forget to pack your travel insurance!
- Discover the best places to stay in Abu Dhabi, or bag a bargain on your accommodation here:
Please note we are not a travel agency. This site is a travel blog to help newcomers to the UAE self plan their trip, we cannot book your flights, hotels, visas or connections for you. We may make a small commission if you click on any of our hotel or tour recommendation links.Abu Dhabi Travel Planner