Everything you need to know about visiting Abu Dhabi in June
Abu Dhabi experiences very hot, and sometimes humid weather in June. Life in Abu Dhabi very much heads in doors at this time, with outdoor experiences only pleasant mornings and evenings.
Abu Dhabi weather in June
Abu Dhabi’s average day time maximum temperature in June is 36.7c (98F), with highs as much as 46.7c (116F) and average lows overnight of 30.5c (86.9F).
In June, you should expect sea temperatures on average of 31.6c (88.9F). Minimum sea temperatures in June are 30.5c (87.8F) through to a maximum by month end 32.7c / 90F
Make no mistake, no matter what time of year you visit Abu Dhabi you will still want a hat, sunscreen, and sunglasses – you can find our full packing list tips for Abu Dhabi here.
Weather information sourced from the National Centre of Meteorology Climate Report 2003-2019 for Abu Dhabi Corniche and seatemperature.org
Abu Dhabi special events in June 2020
Please note due to unprecedented conditons surrounding Covid-19 the vast majority of the city’s events and attractions will remain closed throughout the month of June 2020.
Certain cultural attractions will reopen on 24 June – see the full details here.
Suggested Abu Dhabi activities in June
June is the perfect month for exploring Abu Dhabi’s top indoor attractions.
- The Louvre Abu Dhabi is vastly indoors (and even a little chilly inside!) so makes a great June activity.
- Head to Jumeirah at Etihad Towers for a birds-eye view over the city
- Tour inside the city’s incredible Qasr al Watan, the Presidential Palace
Day trips from Abu Dhabi in June
This is a great time of year for exploring some of Dubai’s indoor attractions on a day trip. If you only have one day you may not have time to queue for the Burj Khalifa, but the Dubai Frame makes an excellent alternative viewing spot. Enjoy a tropical treat indoors at The Green Planet, or tour the tunnels beneath the world’s largest suspended water tank at Dubai Aquarium & Underwater Zoo.
Abu Dhabi with kids in June
This is the perfect time of year to take on the Yas Island trio of theme parks. You can start your day at Yas Waterworld, then continue to cool off indoors at neighbouring Warner Bros World Abu Dhabi. Finish your evening over at Ferrari World and Yas Mall where there are plenty of family dining options.
Before you go… Important things to consider planning a trip to Abu Dhabi
- Pop into our essential planning information page, it includes everything you need to know about getting around Abu Dhabi, a handy guide on what to pack as well as top tips for first-timers on the dos and don’ts, laws, and customs in the UAE.
- Don’t forget to pack your travel insurance!
- Discover the best places to stay in Abu Dhabi, or bag a bargain on your accommodation here: